Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Service Costs

Hi everyone,

I am due a service on my IS220D (40,000 miles) it is the first service I have had since having the car and would like some advice please.

I have been quoted the following prices but am not sure which one to go for:-

1. Lexus main dealer - Full service £360
  2. Lexus main dealer - Essential car service £279
  3. Toyota main dealer - Full service £340
  4. Toyota main dealer - Essential car service £230

I do around 12,000 a year and have 3 months left on my 1yr warranty from when I bought the car however lexus have said that I need to get the service done at Lexus/Toyota to ensure the warranty is valid.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul

I think essential care service will not include somethings that a full service would hence the price difference and a Lexus Stamp will phycologically look better to the eye than a toyota one when you come to sell it on but effectively will be the same service as both dealers will use the same parts. so I would first find out from dealers the extra I will be getting if i went for full service over Essential care service and you can then make that decision. hope this helps

It may also be worth finding out if your dealer will give you a service discount for being a Gold LOC member.

For the price of membership a 10-15% discount would pay for itself instantly.

And don't forget that the lexus dealer treats you like a king......... service with a smile and usually a replacement car for the time your car is in the workshop.

all things considering not to bad those prices.

Thanks for the replies guys, I have sent my dealer an email to see what is/isn't included so will wait for them to get back to me and go from there ;)

Thanks

Paul

Isn't there some extra warranty on these engines with regard to HG/engine failure?

I think I've read of cases where lack of full Lexus service history meant they wouldn't stump up for repair.

I'd certainly research thoroughly before opting for anything other than the proper service.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links