Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Problem Or Not......?

I think i may have a problem - but then again i may not !!?? - if so it is the first one i have had in 2 years and car is just touching 100k

I have noticed while driving it this week that the circulation light when starting the car will revert back to interior circulation instead of whatever it was set to the previous time it was started.

If i had it on the setting from drawing the air from outside when driving last / turned the car off then restarted it then it would go to the internal circulation setting.

Its not a big problem, as pressing the button will change it back and switch it over to either setting - this week the weather has been very hot here, which probably wont last for long, but is this something the car will do automatically when the interior cabin gets too hot in an attempt to cool it down or is it more than likely to be a fault on it - i have had the climate control blower set to auto and then tried the feet and vent setting and it reverted to the interior setting both times when re-starting the car so i dont know if its a fault or not?

To be honest i have not noticed it happenning before in this sort of weather.

Anyone else seen this happen?

If you turn on the air con and it's hot the system will switch to recirculation - mine does this, always has. Once it senses that the interior temp is manageable it will switch back to pulling in air from the otside. On the subject of air con, I'm about to get mine re gassed by a mobile company tomorrow (Friday). At 8 years old the temperature was not as cold as it once was.

Update: Air con man ahs been and gone http://www.wechillanycar.com. Now get 5 degrees in the car - cold as a fridge! After 8 years there was still two thirds of the refrigerant left and no other problems. £50 to do and I'm a happy man.

The blower will switch automatically to recirculate if you turn the temperature dial below a certain number of degrees (about 18 I think) because it's easier for the car to cool air that's already been cooled once than to keep sucking in air at 25 degrees.

You'll see that if you turn the temperature gauge back up slowly the light will switch back over to take in air from outside.

Thanks guys for the info - spot on - left car in shade today so it was cool when i got in to go home and it operated as normal - switching temp down below 18 starts the air con - it's not as cold as a fridge so may stick a thermometer in a vent with air con on and see what it gets down to.

Happy Chappie now - no problem to fix !!

thanks

Just checked the AC temp - just over 5 minutes with AC on full and managed to get down to 8 degrees so i am happy with that as would prefer the windows / sunroof open over using the air con anyway

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links