Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is A 'yellow Rose' Special Edition Worth Any Extra.

it is different, it came with the optional styling kit as standard. This therefore makes it worth a little more

"The Limited Edition IS200 Amarillo is priced from £21,205 on the road including the Sport body kit representing a saving of £2,070 over an IS200 Sport model with body kit."

http://media.toyota....-rose-of-lexus/

If it were just yellow I would say no. Back in the day I purchased a 2 year old yellow MR2, it was priced a little more due to it being the colour it was and therefore somewhat rare, although not technically a limited edition. Trade it in a year or two later and it is worth less than normal ones because it isn't a popular colour.

You could always find your vehicle in a car park though, not because you could see it easily but from all the flies and bees always around it!

I knew about the styling kit but didn't mention it in the post.

I was also wondering about resale value, are these desirable or not? Looking around the forum Ive seen a few, with owners who are very enthusiastic and obviously love the colour. But, when they wanted a change, could they sell it?

On the one side the Yellow Rose colour is rare. On the other side, it is rare because it is deeply repulsive (to most) on the IS200 which is why it didn't last long.

So Value/Price could go either way and it has also reached the age where it is only to be found privately or out the back of showrooms with the older trade-ins.

And yes, yellow cars really do attract insects in droves. I know because embarassingly, I bought a brand-new yellow (Colour-Name "Turmeric") Rover SDI in 1980 when scarily, the colour was still just about fashionable together with its brown velour seats & gold carpets. It makes my toes curl to think about it now, even though in every other way it then completely outshone everything in its class from GB, France, Italy, Germany, Scandinavia and Japan - and that really is almost impossible to believe now!

I think the IS looks good in yellow, the car is just about small enough. Yellow doesn't look right on a big car.

I can't remember the last time I saw one, certainly not a UK spec, so they are nice and rare. There are a few yellow Altezzas out there.

i wouldnt pay anymore for it...its a car that drinks fuel and is coming to ten years old....

If things like that were an issue then the IS200 isn't the car for you. lol

I can get about 320 -340 miles out of a tank on My IS which i don't think is bad. mine is 8 years old now and never missed a beat and i notice lots of people seem to be buying them know.

The yellow one isn't rare because of poor sales, it's rare because it's limited edition.

Very true, but popular Limited Editions have not been restricted to such tiny numbers or took so long to shift.

It is all down to opinion, and how can I put it; a bright Yellow Lexus is not a mainstream desire nor one for those known for their taste & discernment.

i wouldnt pay anymore for it...its a car that drinks fuel and is coming to ten years old....

The IS200 is a bit thirstier than most 2L cars; but overall running-costs are lower because of much better reliabilty & durability.

• 1 month later...

A special edition isn't worth more then a normal is200 sport with the full aero kit from tte.... who cares it is called a special edition it has the same spec as the sports edition with the aero kit so the price should be the same as that one, after all the car isn't new and it is not a collectors item or a young timer.

Maybe im wrong but the fact that there are only a very limited number of these around surly makes them more appealable to some people.

I bought mine 2 weeks ago and after I put my deposit down the dealer got offered the asking price twice by 2 other people and then had 2 offers for 400 and 500 over the asking price.

You'll always have people like that... I'll say it again a special edition IS200 or not .... the car isn't a young timer yet and isn't a collectors car neither... so the rule applies same as a normal edition.... would you pay extra for a vw golf mk5 GTI 25th anniversary edition? No and i'll tell you why..... it is exactly the same as the normal mk5 gti apart from the golf ball gear knob and the dealer provided chip tuning (the extra money doesn't add up to the changes)

And if you really like the colour.... get an is with aero kit and get it resprayed in that colour or get it wrapped. And if you already bought it..... keep it until it reaches young timer status as then it'll start being worth more then a normal is200 ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links