Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Could someone advise who you decipher the paint code from the VIN on a 1999 LS400.

Does this also give the contrasting colour also on the lower doors, bumpers etc.

I'd like to get some touch-up paint mixed.

You want the C/TR part. Colour / Trim. It will be 3 characters / 4 characters.

Obviously is is the Colour part you want. This will be the code for the main colour of the vehicle. It should be on the second line, the first line being the chassis number.

The sub colour isn't normally given on the VIN. It can sometimes be found on a sticker/plate around the door area, and will have a similar format 3 character code.

You want the C/TR part. Colour / Trim. It will be 3 characters / 4 characters.

Obviously is is the Colour part you want. This will be the code for the main colour of the vehicle. It should be on the second line, the first line being the chassis number.

The sub colour isn't normally given on the VIN. It can sometimes be found on a sticker/plate around the door area, and will have a similar format 3 character code.

Hi

It should also be written into the first page of your service book.

Thanks for the help chaps.

I have established that the colour code is 6Q7 as is the trim code which seems odd.

The colour code i really need is the contrasting colour on the bottom section of the bumpers etc. as i would like to tidy a couple of minor scratches and a small scuff which are letting the all round cosmetic condition which is generally top notch.

Can't find any vehicle details on the drivers door pillar so assume its on the bulhead in the engine bat maybe where it was on my previous GS300.

If you go to a professional body paint shop they will check the paint code and make you an aerosol can up while you wait.

Most paints are now water based so you will also need the compatible clear coat.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links