Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Resetting Clock Display On 1999 Ls With Satnav Screen

I needed to reset the clock and did so through the satnav screen settings but can't work out how to save the new clock setting.

I can't see any reference to this in the owners manual, is there a particular sequence of button pressing?

IIRC, there's an "OK" button on the screen where you set the clock, I thought you just pressed that once done and it saved automagically?

I'll have a look tonight when I get home, assuming my satnav disc is in the right mood...

Had a thorough look again, still no joy.

I can get the clock reset facility through the Menu screen and can manually adjust the clock but just can't find a 'set' button.

Puzzled as to why the clock won't reset.

Is anyone willing to help out a fellow member here?

Just can't figure out what I am not doing right.

Can I reboot the computer in anyway?

Hi.

I dont have a GS but if you take the C D out in the boot and then put the disc back in that should the reboot.

Give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Mike

Hi.

I dont have a GS but if you take the C D out in the boot and then put the disc back in that should the reboot.

Mike

I now have an 1999 LS, thought I had changed my profile?

Hi.

Mike

I now have an 1999 LS, thought I had changed my profile?

I will check mine out in the morning and let you know how I do it step by step.

Mike

Here we go as promised.

Press Menu - Setup - Adjust clock - Manual Settings - Hours Up Down arrows - Minute Up down arrows -

press green GB button the climate or what ever it is you want to go to next..

If this dosen't work then there is a problem.

Let us know how you get on.

Mike

Mike

Yes done all that but when I set the clock and hit the GB button the clock just reverts to a daft time.

I may have to reboot the computer but not sure how best to do this.

Keith

Hi Keith.

Sorry that didnt work

Have a go at popping this into Google seems to throw up lots of ideas, some of them from this forum.

"how to reboot the satnav in lexus ls 400"

Mike

• 2 months later...

Still struggling with this one.

Think I may have narrowed the problem possibly to the GPS receiver and a damp boot.

Also run the Battery flat the other day (long story) and when I got it started the SatNav came back to life, got all excited but by the following day it was back to normal ie not working.

When playing around with the calibration function I can get a red GPS icon up and sometimes a blue one and it will find itself but it soon goes off again, same with the clock but I now know they are linked.

I have searched for the GPS unit in the boot but am not sure if thats where it is on a 1999 car.

Can anyone offer any further advise/ideas or point me in the direction of the GPS location - just hope its not behind the SatNav screen unit!

Yes that's where the hard drive unit thingy is - what I am trying to find is the location for the GPS receiver.

There seems to be two suggested locations, the rear parcel shelf and the front dash but I cant for the life of me work out where it is on my car which is a Mk IV 1999 model.

Someone must know, anyone - I am pulling my hair out with this one!

It could well be on the dash. If you look from outside there appear to be two different sensors on the dash near the bottom of the windscreen. I don't know what they do but at a guess I'd say one is the GPS sensor and the other either a light sensor for the auto headlight function or a temperature sensor for the climate control. I do have a workshop manual on pdf so if I get a chance I'll see if I can find out, unfortunately it doesn't have an index so I'll have to use the search function.

This may be a stupid question, but do you have any idea what this GPS unit looks like?

The reason I ask is that I have my 1998 sat nav model somewhat stripped at the front passenger side, both glove boxes and some of the footwell panels. I can have a poke around and see if we are in the general area, it may well save you stripping yours for no reason. I also have most of the boot stripped out if it helps ?

I have no idea what the GPS unit looks like and am yet to understand where it is positioned.

I went on a 70 mile run out today down to the south coast and satnav got me there and back with no issue and a 'green' GPS logo all the way - yes it worked for the full journey!!

I really think that my problem is due to a damp boot so I am going to replace the seal and then see what effect that has.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links