Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I came back from a 2 week holiday - left my car in the airport carpark - came to start it and it and the Battery was dead - i have had no issues with it in the past although i do think it is a small Battery for the car. The airport guy jumped it and it started no problem and has been ok now after 5 days of use. Can anyone tell me what their Battery meter on the instrument panel reads under normal driving... mine reads just under 12v before starting the car and just over 12v when running. I am presuming this is normal - also would anyone recomend what Battery should be in this car? Thanks

When I first bought my current IS200 it was sat undriven for a couple of weeks while I waited for my insurance policy to come into effect (made a LOT of sense to wait until my 25th birthday - about 40% cheaper!) but I had same problem Battery died since hadn't been using it which I didn't expect. The car had an independent inspection before I bought it which showed the Battery being in a good state of health and good charge. Makes me wonder what is draining the Battery down in such a short space of time?

But exactly like you, I jump started it and been absolutely fine since.

Mine will go flat if not used for about six weeks ending with a hissy fit from the alarm. Even though everything may be switched off, the alarm is still consuming a small current and will eventually drain the Battery... Even though you may use your car every day your Battery may only be partially charged or may be getting old and past it.... Every year I like to remove the Battery and charge it slowly over a few days...

This seems to be too common on the IS200.

My mate's went flat after we'd been on a lads holiday for just a week. Got back to the car park and it was dead, same story as you, jumped it and all fine.

Mine hasn't gone dead on me yet and I've left it for a month before when I was using a Honda everyday but as I have a very temperamental alarm I locked the Lexus with the key not arming the alarm (in a locked garage with the wheels off) so I guess it is the alarm draining it.

My voltage meter reads 9-10v before I start then 12v when I start it.

Thanks guys - been a bit wary all week about it draining again but seems to be fine now???!!! Haven't put any load on it yet though by switching lights on etc - just the windscreen wipers after all this rain !!!!!!

Chances are that batteries which go flat over a short period are past their best and need replacing. Best done before the dark nights/winter arrives. You can get a decent replacement for about £60.

Chances are that batteries which go flat over a short period are past their best and need replacing. Best done before the dark nights/winter arrives. You can get a decent replacement for about £60.

Where can I find a good Battery for £60? Lexus want £118 and their £95 in Halfords.

Thanks

Chris

Bosch is a good one to go for, they do 4 and 5 year warranties but if you buy on line, it makes it more tricky to return if faulty, maybe Halfords or a motor factors outlet near you could be the better option.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links