Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice On Purchase Of 430 Tomorrow

Hi there,

Looking at buying a 430 tomorrow. Having to drive from Glasgow to Birmingham so looking for anyone on heres opinion on this motor:

http://www.autocares...201225475912494

It has 130,000 miles on the clock and all Lexus stamps from the first owner, and non lexus for the second.

Sorry that this is my first post, only just found this forum.

Hi there,

Looking at buying a 430 tomorrow. Having to drive from Glasgow to Birmingham so looking for anyone on heres opinion on this motor:

http://www.autocares...201225475912494

Sorry that this is my first post, only just found this forum.

She looks a beauty, I really like those interiors but I hate these shy car sales that never put the mileage, do you know what it is?

There are some knowledgeable 430 owners on here so I am sure they will tell you what to look for.

Good luck Mike

Mike

Hello,

The mileage (130K) is not a problem for this car, but make sure the cambelt was changed at 100K so check the service history carefully. It may sound obvious but Test every switch to make sure it does work especially try the sport mode, you can feel the difference when driving as it firms up the suspension, if it makes no difference then the air shocks may be worn and they ARE expensive. Otherwise just the normal checks you would do on any car.

This car has been advertised on E bay and in Autotrader so they have had it in stock a while so make sure you haggle.

Finally there are quite a few for sale around the 4k mark so if you have any doubts walk away. A proper 430 is a brilliant car but a dodgy one will leave you broke.

Pete

Thanks for the speedy responses guys, didn't expect that! There are a few down Birmingham way, so will make sure and have a look at a few whilst down there. Is there anything in particular that I should look out for? I've scanned the forums, but can't see any common faults or problems.

Might be too late for you now but, steering column adjustment, suspension as already mentioned, and I seem to recall the stereo being mentioned on here previously as well.

I would check very carefully what's covered by the warranty, in particular the suspension, which is pretty pricy to repair.

Good luck with your purchase.

Well, I'm now the proud owner of a beautiful 2001 blue LS 430 Premium edition. Thanks for the help guys, need to go sell my old car and clean my new one now. Will post how my road trip to purchase it went later as it was a bit of an epic!

Okay. So here's the road trip story.

My friend decided to give me a lift down to Birmingham so that if the car I was going to see was a pig in a poke I could just drive home. Well to cut a long story short, as it's late and I'm drunk. Basically what happened is I went to see the car I linked to, the body work was horrendous, bumpers were actually missing and the inside was bogging! Stinked of fag smoke. The money grabbing ******* that owned the place told me over the phone "it's great condition, a few scratched but a bargain for this price". When I got there I could have punched him! 5 hours and 250 miles to see what I generously call a piece of steaming *******! Anyway, decided as we had a car there that I would look at near by cars. All were crap, and last one I looked at was a crap ad with one pic and a description that basically said "2001 Ls 430 radio/tape with electric windows". Ended up being an amazing full Lexus history with 2 owners car that has been loved to bits and came with an actuall diary of everything that had been done to that car.

Sorry. Quite drunk now and can't arsed typing any more. Got for a great price and am now a proud owner of a 2001 Lexus LS. 430. I actually physically love my car...... Is that normal?

Edited by Steve2006 possible racist comment

Yes its normal to fall for an LS don't worry we all do.

Love the story by the way, just goes to show it sometimes pays to just go and look at alternatives in the area.

Congrats on your new motor you won't want to drive anything else from now on.

Okay. So here's the road trip story.

My friend decided to give me a lift down to Birmingham so that if the car I was going to see was a pig in a poke I could just drive home. Well to cut a long story short, as it's late and I'm drunk. Basically what happened is I went to see the car I linked to, the body work was horrendous, bumpers were actually missing and the inside was bogging! Stinked of fag smoke. The money grabbing Pakistani that owned the place told me over the phone "it's great condition, a few scratched but a bargain for this price". When I got there I could have punched him! 5 hours and 250 miles to see what I generously call a piece of steaming *******! Anyway, decided as we had a car there that I would look at near by cars. All were crap, and last one I looked at was a crap ad with one pic and a description that basically said "2001 Ls 430 radio/tape with electric windows". Ended up being an amazing full Lexus history with 2 owners car that has been loved to bits and came with an actuall diary of everything that had been done to that car.

Sorry. Quite drunk now and can't arsed typing any more. Got for a great price and am now a proud owner of a 2001 Lexus LS. 430. I actually physically love my car...... Is that normal?

"I actually physically love my car...... Is that normal?"

Just stay away from car parks as I think they call that dogging which is completely different. Go on Pete I have given you the cross....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links