Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi fellow Lexuns

Have taken a once in a lifetime opportunity and acquired a mint 98 ls400 factory new condition with 18k on the clock.Although my 90 ls400 is still going strong I have had various issues with it over the last year and have been mulling over a replacement.I have taken note of comments on the forum with regards the LS430 and have driven one on rough roads and was not impressed, the low profile tyres are to sensitive for my taste,other issues with the car put me off.Perhaps I am to attached to the LS400 to change,so this new car fitted the bill.Paid a bit more than top book but got it for less than 4K which is a 12th of the original price.and it looks and drives brand new.

Should see me out.

Ps The 90 is on eBay finishes sunday

Hi fellow Lexuns

Have taken a once in a lifetime opportunity and acquired a mint 98 ls400 factory new condition with 18k on the clock.Although my 90 ls400 is still going strong I have had various issues with it over the last year and have been mulling over a replacement.I have taken note of comments on the forum with regards the LS430 and have driven one on rough roads and was not impressed, the low profile tyres are to sensitive for my taste,other issues with the car put me off.Perhaps I am to attached to the LS400 to change,so this new car fitted the bill.Paid a bit more than top book but got it for less than 4K which is a 12th of the original price.and it looks and drives brand new.

Should see me out.

Ps The 90 is on ebay finishes sunday

Pictures pictures pictues we need pictures.

Well done cant wait to see it.

Mike

Hi fellow Lexuns

Should see me out.

Mike

Dont know how to get the pictures down loaded please advise.

Hi fellow Lexuns

Should see me out.

Mike

If you go to Club on the main header then click on help everything you need to know is on there. Its really easy otherwise I wouldn't be able to do it.

Mike

Hi fellow Lexuns

Should see me out.

Mike

If you go to Club on the main header then click on help everything you need to know is on there. Its really easy otherwise I wouldn't be able to do it.

Mike

Hi fellow Lexuns

Should see me out.

Mike

Mike

Love to hear how you managed to get that bargain.

What is its history?

18k on a 98 anything is outstanding - but on a Lexus!

Did someone have it stored?

Owned by Lexus for a year then previous owner for 13 years who had another lexus and shared the time between them less so over recent years in fact there are two Mots that have 400 mile between them.There is not a mark on it.Could'nt let the opportunity pass by,it is virtually brand new.Really nice guy who owned it and he kept it garaged all of its life.

Hi fellow Lexuns

Should see me out.

Mike

I have created a media gallery for ambermarine the pics are in there if you choose to view

how do i get to media gallery?

At the top rhs near where you sign in there is quick links for

forums,media library,insurance and search

just click on media library link then click on ambermarines user name to see his pics.

Lovely, there seem to be a few virtually unused cars around lately, great "keepers" and, if the history is cast iron, worth paying the extra for what you're getting imo.

On the media library, is it actually searchable?

Nothing I entered in the way of username or model seemed to find a match.

Yea that looks like new, below 4k for that, it's a one off though, never heard of anything so low mileage & 14 years old, looks like 4 weeks.

For us 'normals' this is worth a look at - just under 3k 159k miles

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-BLACK-LEXUS-LS-400-4-0i-V8-VVTi-AUTOMATIC-TOUCH-SCREEN-SAT-NAV-XENONS-/261069869174?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3cc8fa1076#ht_1160wt_1185

Yea that looks like new, below 4k for that, it's a one off though, never heard of anything so low mileage & 14 years old, looks like 4 weeks.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-BLACK-LEXUS-LS-400-4-0i-V8-VVTi-AUTOMATIC-TOUCH-SCREEN-SAT-NAV-XENONS-/261069869174?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3cc8fa1076#ht_1160wt_1185

He has had that car for sale for over 2 1/2 years. He had it for sale when I was looking for an LS back in Feb 2010, it was over priced then and it still is.

He works out of a barn on a farm in the Hampshire country side and when I made an appointment to go and see and drive the car he couldn't be bothered to get it in a position to do either with it. We climbed over a couple of other cars he had for sale to see if it would turnover needless to say it didn't.

So I left and let him know that its not always the buyers that are a waste of time.

Its been stuck in a damp barn now for coming up to three years leave him with it. It wasn't any great shakes I saw plenty of others that were in better shape than that which I rejected and much cheaper.

Mike

A thing that I find puzzling with these car dealers on eBay is that their feedback score is often zero or some other very low figure but they have been trading on eBay for years.

Mike

A thing that I find puzzling with these car dealers on eBay is that their feedback score is often zero or some other very low figure but they have been trading on eBay for years.

Mike

If you were too buy a Lexus LS400 from an eBay seller it would probably be a FAKE! :lol:

Mike

Probably because they sell through classified ads Mike, and there is no feedback on classifieds.

Anybody managed to search the media library successfully?

He has had that car for sale for over 2 1/2 years. He had it for sale when I was looking for an LS back in Feb 2010, it was over priced then and it still is.

He works out of a barn on a farm in the Hampshire country side and when I made an appointment to go and see and drive the car he couldn't be bothered to get it in a position to do either with it. We climbed over a couple of other cars he had for sale to see if it would turnover needless to say it didn't.

So I left and let him know that its not always the buyers that are a waste of time.

Its been stuck in a damp barn now for coming up to three years leave him with it. It wasn't any great shakes I saw plenty of others that were in better shape than that which I rejected and much cheaper.

Mike

From what you are saying Mike, I fell off the co-op and landed in the divi,

but it as a lot to do with being a member of a club like this and keeping up with events and the feedback from members.I had virtually given up on finding my ideal Mark IV lS400 but kept going and as another member said tonight they are about.The trouble is they have often been taken in part Ex by dealers who want something for nothing.My advice is look for private sellers and long ownership.

Mike

Probably because they sell through classified ads Mike, and there is no feedback on classifieds.

Anybody managed to search the media library successfully?

I hadn't thought of that. Yes I managed the Media library OK.

Mike

Mike

From what you are saying Mike, I fell off the co-op and landed in the divi,

but it as a lot to do with being a member of a club like this and keeping up with events and the feedback from members.I had virtually given up on finding my ideal Mark IV lS400 but kept going and as another member said tonight they are about.The trouble is they have often been taken in part Ex by dealers who want something for nothing.My advice is look for private sellers and long ownership.

Yeah the boy done well/

I always treat the hunt as a game which is full of disappointment until that magic day when you find what your looking for, you soon forget all the rest.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links