Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Iphone Integration

PeteNutz

Hello all

I have recently (3 weeks ago) bought my first Lexus so you'll have to excuse my ignorance. It's a 2007 IS220D and doesn't have the touch screen sat nav or any of that other fancy business.

I want to be able to play music through my Iphone (4s if that makes a difference) rather than deal with all the hassle of CDs but I also want to be able to control it using the steering wheel. I've spent hours online trying to find out if it's possible and, if so, how to do it but all I can find is info on IS250s with the touchscreen.

If anyone has done it, or knows how to do it, and can let me in on the big secret that would be just aces!

Also, is it possible to get the touch screen fitted?

Thanks very much

Pete

Hi Pete, I have 07 IS250 with Screen, and there is no direct Iphone streaming capability until the facelift at 58plate or 09 i think it was. The best option I have found is the HTC Car Stereo clip to go in the centre armrest plugged into the aux and charging al inside, you need a right angle 3.5mm adaptor from Maplins as you cant close the lid otherwise with the charger plugged in. That will at least let you use the phone to skip tracks.

There are other A2DP Bluetooth aux adaptors but the HTC supports Bluetooth 4.0 so the compression should be less obvious than the cheapo eBay stuff. It works with all phones not just HTC.

Hope this helps, there is also a video of people using the blackberry gateway, same principle, but end of line and only bluetoth v2

Hi Pete

For integration you can use one of the Vais Tech devices, probably something like this http://www.multimedialinq.com/dev/vml.php

For the touch screen, oem is impossible, or close to impossible to retrofit, but you can try the Fly Audio thing. It looks exactly the same as the oem thing. This is the one http://www.flyaudio.net/product_id.asp?id=196&xid=3

:)

mrahman136, I just want to check. That basically does the same thing as the aux cable would do, only without the cable? You still have to control playback from your phone? Thanks :)

Thanks, mrahman. :) I guess that would be too fiddly and too much of a distraction for me. I'm planning to go for something that plugs into the back of the main unit so that I can use the car controls.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest bigbullhead

Alpine EZI DAB was the way I just went you have aux in ,USB and dab radio and Iphone playlist either comes up on alpine or use aux as usual also you can skip using alpine controls

Road radio website for people to view

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links