Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Brake Caliper

Pitbul

Hi I have just joined the owners club, and hope that there is someone here that might be able to help me...

I have a 2000 model, IS200 SE Auto, Ive had the car for nearly 9years, and love it to bits... its the only car Ive ever kept longer than 2 months.

She has been very reliable but sadly I noticed that the n/s/f brake caliper is sticking quite badly today, I have looked around for a replacement but they seem so expensive. Does anyone know where I might be able to get replacement at a decent price please...

Thank you...

Hi. Very common problem this. In fact I'd be interested to hear from somebody with a IS200 that has never had the front drivers side brake calliper stick! It's happened on both my IS200!

I got mine done by Lexus but won't go to them again. They were £350 for the calliper plus labour on top. I had it done tied in with a cambelt change and front disc change, final bill was £1000!

If you want a genuine Toyota part then it will be expensive.

Try eBay or online part shops. You can get the calliper reconditioned for half the price, I did this but it only lasted a few more thousand miles and stuck again needing a replacement.

Pitbul, I recently had the very same problem, it is common on these cars. Front near side caliper was sticking and I had to replace it. No way was I going to pay out for a new caliper from Lexus.

After shopping about, I came across bumpey rides on eBay. They do reconditioned calipers for the IS at £90 each, plus £8.50 shipping. The best part is once you've fitted the reconditioned caliper, send them back your seized one and they refund you £30 as cash back. So all in after postage you'd of got it for about £75.

The service is fast and efficient and I found them very helpful. They have 100% feedback too.

Search Item number 261075207803 on eBay.

Hope this helps you mate.

ye olde sticky caliper returns again lol. Just go for a recon one mate. Chances are you will just have the same problem again so no point in spending mega bucks

ye olde sticky caliper returns again lol. Just go for a recon one mate. Chances are you will just have the same problem again so no point in spending mega bucks

Haha yeah seriously, if you read this and have owned a IS200 for more than 2 years and you've never had a sicky brake calliper please post on here! Lol :)

• 3 months later...

I know this is a oldish thread but just wanted to know one thing, because this has just happened to me! drivers side, font. very annoying btw especially from a lexus, anyway am i right in thinking only the drivers side tends to have this problem? because i was going to get both done but would rather just get the one done to save the pennys! and i will be going for the recon from bumpy rides too. thanks. even tho my dad said hes just replaced the pistons when its happened on his cars but cant seem to source them....

mines just started but the cars 12 years old so surely a recon that is practically new is going to last at least another 10 years until it happens again?

If you replace do both sides. I only replaced the drivers side and then had a terriable brake imbalance!

Well I still have imbalance actually. My car now pulls very hard to the right under heavy braking and even pulls a little to right under light braking. Its because the new calliper is much more effective than the 11 year old calliper on the passenger side.

Only way to cure it is to replace the passenger side calliper as well. I have to get it don't before the next MOT.

I have had my 03 IS200 for 3 1/2 years, and have never had a sticking caliper yet. I had front and rear pads changed 2 years ago, and ended up

changing both rear calipers. The N/S/R mounting flange had sheared around the mounting bolt. I changed both, to avoid the problem of out

of balance rear brakes. It is a definite MOT failure.

I will be exchanging my IS200, for a (54) LS430 this Saturday morning. A little bit of luxury.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links