Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cruise Control

lex2012

thats odd as all the info on my local lexus dealers website says it is standard on seL. dealer just told me it was an option but is now standard. my car is a demo March 2012. still the details for my car on the site said it had cruise control, which i feel is a bit misleading. not that it really matters, it was on my last car an is250se and i never used it! What is good is that the details also said it had keyless entry, i was surprised as i know that is only on the premier. when i picked the car up yesterday the dealer was going through it all and said it doesnt have keyless entry. well i got home and checked and guess what, it does! I would prefer to have that than cruise control really, so not too worried :

Thanks for your replies Elliotts dad. I have found some earlier posts about this and it seems to be down to the specification change from 2011 to 2012.

My car was first registered in March 2012 but was manufactured in December 2011 when it was an option on the SEL. The keyless entry remains a mystery although I note others have come across this also. Regardless i love my new ct200h!

Keyless start is quite confusing, all CT's have always had push button start - did they have to use a key and push button?

I thought only the Premium comes with smart entry. For the lower grades you have to press the unlock button on the keyfob to unlock the doors? Are they like the Gen 2 Prius where the keyfob slots into the dash and you then press the start button.

• 2 weeks later...

The MY12 change removed keyless entry from all CT's but the Premier, Cruise was a cost option until MY12 when it became standard (model name became SE-L Cruise) sounds like you have a MY11 CT.

Keyless entry was not supposed to be part of the SE-I, SE-L spec only SE-L Premier but the first cars (MY11) had it fitted. MY12 has rectified this sadly but has added Cruise as standard to the SE-L.

Hope that makes sense?

James

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be a wide variance in model specifications from year to year or from one market to another. It is confusing. When I was looking for my SEi I saw an SEL with all the whistles and bells on it and wondered just why anyone would want a premier since the SEL seemed to have all the gizmos;however, I have since learnt that this was seemingly just a variance in SELs.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links