Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Extended Warranty Enquiry

Hi all,

I am having a problem with my lexus IS220d, the car has covered 132000 miles and it is 07reg.

I have a problem with the coolant water level as it drops down so quick, i took the car to lexus and they advised me it might be the head gasket blown and they will need to strip the engine down and this might cost around £ 1500, i just told them to forget about it and i am now looking for a solution.

I am thinking to try and get the extended warranty from lexus as all the services was done by the lexus and last service was 10009 miles, can anyone advise me if they going to accept or decline the extended warranty, because in the lexus website they say the mileage limit is 140,000.

Hi all,

I am having a problem with my lexus IS220d, the car has covered 132000 miles and it is 07reg.

I have a problem with the coolant water level as it drops down so quick, i took the car to lexus and they advised me it might be the head gasket blown and they will need to strip the engine down and this might cost around £ 1500, i just told them to forget about it and i am now looking for a solution.

I am thinking to try and get the extended warranty from lexus as all the services was done by the lexus and last service was 10009 miles, can anyone advise me if they going to accept or decline the extended warranty, because in the lexus website they say the mileage limit is 140,000.

I am not 100& sure, but once the 3 year warranty from new has run out unless you immediately extend it I don’t think you can just bring a car back into warranty, if you could then everyone who suddenly got a major problem would do it.

Saying that I don’t know how these aftermarket warrantie companies work, but they must also have some sort of protection system in place or they would have the same problem.

For the extended Lexus warranty at the very least you would have to have an inspection to make sure there are no existing faults. You cannot just purchase a warranty when your vehicle develops a fault.

Lexus are fixing these engines up to 111k miles, outside of the normal warranty, due to the known design fault but sounds like you are too far past that for them to make a goodwill gesture.

I would get the head gasket replaced by an independent, also clearing/replacing the EGR valve. If the issue is found and resolved quickly you may not need a new head, leave it too long and you will end up needing a new head and short block.

If you can get the repair done for £1500 I would rip their arms off with eagerness if I were you!

If you have caught this quick you could get it done by an independant for half the Lexus cost.

My car is currently under an extended warranty, and has been for the past 2 years. Before Lexus excepted the car, they did a complete shakedown of the car and found that the car had a noisy thrust bearing in the clutch, when I got the paperwork back from Lexus, the clutch thrust bearing was excluded and has been in the past two years that I have paid for the warranty. In a nut shell, if its broken now, it wont be fixed by Lexus if you put it under warranty now. sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links