Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ok, Some Basic "should-Know's" About Is Driving Life...

Thought it worth asking, since I'm a new IS owner, and you guys are the ones to ask. Could also help new owners as they come along too

Pretty simple things that IS owners should know - anyone else please feel free to chip in!

1) What tyre pressures should I run (standard 17" wheels, 215/45's)

2) What should the water temp gauge read, and how quickly should it get there? (mine gets to just under half, and sits there. Gets to it in less than 2 miles too though, is that bad?)

Only two I can think of asking at the mo, but thought it worth asking those that have more experience with them :)

Tyre presures I'm not sure on but the information will be either in your handbook or a label on the driver's door pillar, I would think 30-32PSI.

The engines do warm up quickly, mine sits 1 notch below the centre mark so I wouldn't worry if there are no overheating issues.

As kind of said already, the tyre pressures are on the drivers side pillar and it does depend on the loading of the car (if youre really anal about it). Myy temp gauge sits bang on half way. Thats where it should sit permenantly after a resonably short amount of time, say about 5 mins or so. ill check in the mornin and report back.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone i'm new on here, to cut a long story short i finally resolved my rough idle issue by cleaning the throttle body.

Anyway It now idles on 900 once warmed up and i must admit its driving almost perfect.

What does everyone else idles at?

cheer baz

Mine idle's at around 600/700 I think (definitely between the 0 and 1000) - I remember thinking it seemed pretty low compared to cars I've had in the past, but it's super smooth, and not lumpy or anything. I think that's where they are supposed to idle

Sounds good matt,

Mine was dropping to 600 and chugging abit then the ecu would kick in and take it back up to 750.Hence cleaning the throttle body.

But it seems almost perfect now sitting between 850-900 with instant accelaration and no sterring wheel judder.

Hello everyone i'm new on here, to cut a long story short i finally resolved my rough idle issue by cleaning the throttle body.

Anyway It now idles on 900 once warmed up and i must admit its driving almost perfect.

cheer baz

I need to clean mine, is it easy?

cheer baz

I need to clean mine, is it easy?

Yes ,i never stripped it down completely i just took off the airfilter housing and sprayed the body with carb cleaner .Then i used a small brush and rag.There was quite alot of carbon build up.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links