Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bought A Jag Xj8 Then Joined Their Forum....

Had a mad moment :iraqi-info-minister: and bought a one owner FSH 2000 X reg Jag XJ8 3.2 120k on the clock for only £1500 thinking it had to be a bargain with the idea of using it as another weekend runabout...Thought it might also be a good idea to join their forum for tips etc...Jeeeesus I wasn't prepared for what I saw because there are literally hundreds of pages with nothing but problems :msn-cry:

and to rub salt into the whole saga took the jag out for a blast last night and there is a definite delay in the gearbox when moving off and according to the forum that's a £1200 fix!!!!.....I cannot believe how Jaguar got away with such poor quality even after Ford took over in the late 90's....LONG LIVE LEXUS!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/f38/

I'd love to throw a 1UZ with a pair of tubs into an IS if I had money to waste! IF I had even more money to waste, I'd import al Altezza Gita and rob the 4WD system off it an adapt it the 5sp auto/tiptronic from an IS300 too. Mmmm, V8 bi-turbo 4WD goodness!

I'd love to throw a 1UZ with a pair of tubs into an IS if I had money to waste! IF I had even more money to waste, I'd import al Altezza Gita and rob the 4WD system off it an adapt it the 5sp auto/tiptronic from an IS300 too. Mmmm, V8 bi-turbo 4WD goodness!

This is a foreign language to me but then I am old. Is there room for a couple of flower tubs in IS200????

Mike

This is a foreign language to me but then I am old. Is there room for a couple of flower tubs in IS200????

Mike

Perhaps it's a spelling mistake and should read power subs instead of flower tubs, I think they are those large speakers that make a boom boom sound usually in cars like Saxos, they are also normally attached to a very large exhaust system which reduces the power of the car so it can be driven safely by young drivers. :P

Don't forget the 4 wheel steering from an Active Soarer on top of this.

Had a mad moment :iraqi-info-minister: and bought a one owner FSH 2000 X reg Jag XJ8 3.2 120k on the clock for only £1500 thinking it had to be a bargain with the idea of using it as another weekend runabout...Thought it might also be a good idea to join their forum for tips etc...Jeeeesus I wasn't prepared for what I saw because there are literally hundreds of pages with nothing but problems :msn-cry:

and to rub salt into the whole saga took the jag out for a blast last night and there is a definite delay in the gearbox when moving off and according to the forum that's a £1200 fix!!!!.....I cannot believe how Jaguar got away with such poor quality even after Ford took over in the late 90's....LONG LIVE LEXUS!!!!!!!!!!!

This tells you every thing you need to know about a Jaguar..nice cars butttt

http://www.reliabili...ility/search/80

Mike

Perhaps it's a spelling mistake and should read power subs instead of flower tubs, I think they are those large speakers that make a boom boom sound usually in cars like Saxos, they are also normally attached to a very large exhaust system which reduces the power of the car so it can be driven safely by young drivers. :P

Don't forget the 4 wheel steering from an Active Soarer on top of this.

There you go again. I am just so confused, I am just concerned that I might be missing out on something that brings pleasure, enjoyment and universal fulfillment. Time for a nice cup of tea. Now wheres my pipe and slippers?

Mike Aaaaahhhhhh

Jaguar sell many more vehicles in the UK than Lexus so it's only to be expected that their forums would contain most postings containing problems.

As for prices - have you seen what Lexus charge for a front upper wishbone?

Don't get me wrong, I like the car but Lexus is by no means saintly.

Jaguar sell many more vehicles in the UK than Lexus so it's only to be expected that their forums would contain most postings containing problems.

As for prices - have you seen what Lexus charge for a front upper wishbone?

Don't get me wrong, I like the car but Lexus is by no means saintly.

Hi

I find that statement unfair The upper wishbone on a Lexus Ls400 is a consumable item and will wear in relation to the roads and type of driving the vehicle experiences.They have a average life span of approx 100k and if the vehicle is used for mainly motorway work, twice that.We have also seen how long the aftermarket products last ,so quality does cost.

The fault issues on a Lexus LS400 have been defined as electrical mainly very few mechanical faults and the rectification ratio on known faults on series upgrades is exemplry.

As far as the Lexus LS400 being saintly I would only say that in value for money the Jaguar is not in the same class.

It's true though, the X308 Jag is riddled with known issues / potential problems. Although I am sure they are very nice cars when the work properly. I don't think I could ever relax owning one. I gather the earlier X300 (6 cylinder model) is a lot better, and the later X350 is also supposed to be ok as far as I know.

I find that statement unfair The upper wishbone on a Lexus Ls400 is a consumable item and will wear in relation to the roads and type of driving the vehicle experiences.They have a average life span of approx 100k and if the vehicle is used for mainly motorway work, twice that.We have also seen how long the aftermarket products last ,so quality does cost.

It's a piece of steel with a ball joint on one end and a couple of bushes on the other. In no way is it worth what Lexus charge. BTW Lexus also wanted £70 for a new headlight rear sensor (just the link rod that connects the suspension to the potentiometer). £70 for a bit of cheap metal worth no more than £10.

Lexus massively overcharge for replacement parts. Great cars but personally, I think there'd be a lot more on the road if Lexus didn't charge stupid prices for old components.

When it comes to replacement parts I think all "genuine" parts supplied by authorised dealers of ALL car makes are grossly overpriced which is why i have no problem sourcing and fitting good quality alternatives and there are plenty to choose from if you take time to look..What I have noticed on trawling e-bay for bits and pieces for the Jag is that there are many suppliers of spares from both breakers and motor part factors that lets you stay on the road for sensible sort of money which considering the problems you get with a Jag is no bad thing!!!!

My X308 Daimler V8 has behaved it’s self pretty much since I got it a few years ago. It does goes in the huff if it hasn’t been used for a while as the Battery goes into some sort of deep sleep after a few days! It doesn’t take long to get it going again but a bit annoying!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links