Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Please - Keys Locked In Boot!

xpsm170

did once had the same situation... only one key remote

havta break the rear passenger window... and find a replacement at car breaker :geek:

Smashing the rear window is no good if the car is double locked, as you won't be able to unlock any doors if it is. so unless you fancy squeezing through the rear door window - onto a rear bench covered in broken glass, which will 1) hurt and 2) scuff the leather - I'd smash the front window, and simply lean down, pop the boot and retrieve the key. then you can unlock the car, and hoover out the glass, meaning no damage to the leather.

And if you've got fully comp ins you've more than likely got glass cover, so £50/£60 for a new window fitted

did once had the same situation... only one key remote

havta break the rear passenger window... and find a replacement at car breaker :geek:

Smashing the rear window is no good if the car is double locked, as you won't be able to unlock any doors if it is. so unless you fancy squeezing through the rear door window - onto a rear bench covered in broken glass, which will 1) hurt and 2) scuff the leather - I'd smash the front window, and simply lean down, pop the boot and retrieve the key. then you can unlock the car, and hoover out the glass, meaning no damage to the leather.

And if you've got fully comp ins you've more than likely got glass cover, so £50/£60 for a new window fitted

!st question already asked Spare key?

Are you a member of a breakdown service? if so call them.

Get an auto locksmith out to open the car.

sorry i didn't mention early it wasn't my current is200 but good to know what i'm suppose to do if it happen (sorry again)

yes i agree Steve said... shud ring up the breakdown service / locksmith before breaking anything

This happened to a mates Tezza in work the other day.. get a cloths hanger and bend your door enough to just get it in an patiently get it down to the boot release handle.. It took about 20 minutes between 3 of us swapping turns but eventually got it and didnt even leave a mark on his paint ha.. but you could easily leave a nice big scratch somewhere if you werent carefull.. good luck

This happened to me with my old Honda!

Locksmith could break the boot lock but not the door locks. Had to get a replacement boot lock from Honda after he broke in.

Not that much of a hassle and less hassle than smashing windows! Prob be the same with the Lexus :)

speaking of boot lock.

do all the boot lock mechanisms are the same regardless what model is200 we have....

cuz the remote boots release will be affected if breaking the lock

i've a 3 button remote but the boots not open (even the press holding)

or my boots lock mechanisms is missing something?

anyone with picture would be great so i know what to look for.....

I've not done it myself, but I've read, on here, that you need to program the key buttons to the car (doing the pedal dance) but that only does the central locking, and you need to do it again to activate the boot pop button

stiff wire coat hanger or such like. Wrap a srew driver in a rag ,bend the top of the door open, use the wire to reach down and pop the boot release. very very easy to slightly harder if you dont want to mark the paint ,a touch up brush is cheaper than a window ???

A bit late now, but a timely reminder to make sure that when you buy a car it has the two (or three) keys originally supplied. The same (but less important) applies for the jack, wheelbrace, spare wheel and manuals. When they are missing, it makes you wonder what the previous owners did with them or how they managed to lose them - and is never a good sign that care has been taken of the car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links