Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leaking Lexus Is200

having looked at a few posts on leaking lexus they didnt seem to help me,

it only leaks when it rains... last week i found a puddle in the passenger footwell... and now this morning i found all the centre console was wet... and the roof lining in the middle was wet... the sunroof looks ok tho so im just wondering if anyone else has/had this issue

Only leaks when it rains hHaha

When else would it leak? :L

Well the best advise I got from years or owning a mini which are known for leaking was too get someone to spray water on the car while you sit inside and try and see where it's leaking from,

If the headlining is wet I expect it is the sunroof leaking

Only leaks when it rains hHaha

When else would it leak? :L

Well the best advise I got from years or owning a mini which are known for leaking was too get someone to spray water on the car while you sit inside and try and see where it's leaking from,

If the headlining is wet I expect it is the sunroof leaking

spot on...

has the windscreen been replace before? best to use the spray water to check it....

Firstly i would move the sunroof back and poor water along the roof channels to make sure the water flows down the sunroof drains ok...sounds like a leaking windscreen or sunroof although have seen leaks in floorwells due to missing grommets etc in the bulkhead...try pulling back the front carpets and get someone to spray water over the front of car and the windscreen..roof etc whilst having a look inside to see any drips etc when the water is strayed at each area..take care to remember you are trying to simulate rain and not force water into the car...hope this helps

i have done some more digging around and i think i have found the main cause of the problem... i have taken some pics and also i have put wire down the sunroof channels to unblock them... the water comes into the car just under the airbag sign on the passenger edge of the dashboard see pic.... post-43270-0-09572400-1349190153.jpg and i think the problem is the soft rubber seal on the bottom corner on the lower corners of the windscreen see pics...post-43270-0-07070800-1349190168.jpg post-43270-0-60268200-1349190182.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links