Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a 220d with 17" wheels. The tyres on the car were put on by Lexus Cardiff and are very cheap non-branded crap. They do not grip at all in the wet. The whole car wants to slide away on roundabouts. In the wet I can spin the rears in 3rd gear. I had to go so slow at a roundabout today that a Nissan Nivara pick-up overtook me on the inside.

I therefore really need to change my tyres. On my previous cars, I have used Michelin Primacy and was happy with the dry / wet grip and also how long they lasted. I will probably do 25,000 miles per year with about 70% of this on motorways. I do not drive like Lewis Hamilton, but neither do I drive like Miss Daisy.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Running Bridgestone Potenzas at the mo. Seem fine to me in all weathers thus far.

Had Continentals on my 220d last time and they were fine too...and a cheaper alternative than the Potenzas.

Dont know the Primacy's so can't comment.

That's my tuppence worth.

My IS250 Se-L had Bridgestone Potenzas on from new, but they were noisy and not the best for grip in the wet. I changed the 17" rims for 19" fitted with Toyo T1R's, and they were very quiet in comparison with the Potenzas and had more grip in all weathers.

Not sure if the T1R's are still available as thought they were superceded by Toyo Proxes 4. I have the Proxes on my IS200 Sport and they are superb.

The IS-F is running on Michelin Pilot Sport 3's, but they're a bit OTT for the IS250.

Thanks for sharing that. All tips gratefully received.

Must admit I don't find the Potenzas that bad for road noise. But I'll keep a note of those tyres for next time round, to be considered.

Running a full set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrical 2's at the moment. They have been coming top in a lot of group tests. They are quieter than my OEM Bridgestone Turanza's and have been good so far, but I have only covered 2500 miles on them.

Running a full set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrical 2's at the moment. They have been coming top in a lot of group tests. They are quieter than my OEM Bridgestone Turanza's and have been good so far, but I have only covered 2500 miles on them.

+ 1

This is the highest rated tyre at the moment. Supposed to be really good.

The car drives perfectly straight without any pulls or wobbles. It also does not drift to one side when I take my hands off the wheel. I therefore cant see why it could be the tracking or alignment, but with my very limited knowledge in this area, I'm happy for advice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links