Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

For the past 8 months my IS250C has suffered and increasing annoying rattle from the back of the car. The guys from Lexus Swindon have totally stripped the rear of the car taking out seats, parcel shelves, carpet and still it rattles (there was a very expensive service bulletin that suggested the noise was coming from the parcel shelf)

It got worse and I can now pinpoint where the noise is coming from. Its coming from the roof ! The car is in for an expensive 30k service and tyre change so lets hope the rattle finally gets sorted.

There are very few forum posts from 250C owners. Has anyone else had similar issues ? (The ML stereo got replaced costing Lexus almost 3K !!!)

Hi Normski, Lexus replaced both the CD head unit and the integrated screen/sat nav as it just stopped producing sound. All done under warrantee but the service manager showed me the parts bill of almost 3K ! (thinking about it I still haven't got my CD's back !)

The early 250C has known rattle problems in the roof. My 2009 250C was bought from Lexus Guildford and they replaced part of the roof mechanism with a fix kit after complaining about rattles. This together with strategically placed felt tape has removed all rattles for me.

It took them eight months and goodness knows how many thousands of pounds worth of workshop time and parts but the rattle has now finally been rectified. Apparently there was a recent service bulletin an by adding some washers and shims to the room mechanism finally cured the rattle. Top marks to Lexus Swindon for persevering.

• 5 months later...

The early 250C has known rattle problems in the roof. My 2009 250C was bought from Lexus Guildford and they replaced part of the roof mechanism with a fix kit after complaining about rattles. This together with strategically placed felt tape has removed all rattles for me.

Hi Martin

I have only just found this thread!

My 2010 250C has a few rattles coming from the anti-roll bar area, have you any more information on what the main dealer had to do to resolve your problem? ...and is it a known fault that Lexus will fix for free??

thanks in advance

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links