Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Need To Change Radiator On My Mk 1 Sport...questions Help!

I need to replace the radiator on my mk1 gs300 sport

i had a look on here and they suggest a time of about 4 hours to replace it

first question is why so long, what are the problems i may encounter with it

do i need to get at it from the bottom (if so do i need to take the protecting plate off under neath )

is it true the system is self regulating or will i need to bleed system

what else will i need other than the radiator

Im not sure but there looks to be something like rad weld or rust in the system, will i need to flush the system through and if so is there a how too anwhere

havent worked on cars properly since i was a kid and things have changed a lot so dont want to make any engine damaging mistakes

Thanks

I can't see how it can be a four hour job personally. I did mine on my mk1 in less than an hour. Radiator comes out the top. Can be done leaving the viscous fan on, but easier job if you remove it. No gotchas that I remember. Aircon fans have to come off as part of the job but nothing complicated with them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links