Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300

panya

Hey noby76 , it's a south meet going on 11 November , maybe u should come , but that would depend where u live!

sounds good panya where abouts are you lot meeting will need to check my calendar first.

Me too- Granite Sky IS300 signing in:

nice one Jasons must admit wasnt a fun of beige, granite sky or Green colured Lexus's but after seeing a few in the metal, i now think they look quite nice..more yours which has the stealthy look to it :)

The IS300 had the power the 200 should have had from day one (and the 300 should have had a little more), and it would have been nice to have the same 6sp manual box from the 200 in the 300 - but everyone I've spoken to about the 300 says how good the auto box in it is. What makes you say it lets it down, Panya?

hi matt c , dont get me wrong they both a great car and i used to own is200 too, the only thing that my is300 let down was it tranmission, such as its delay on shifting times etc, i knw lexus make this gearbox to be refinement and comfort, but its would be nice tho if lexus put a 6 sd manual from supra!

yeh i wasnt too sure about the auto when i was looking to replace my V6 ford Cougar but after driving manual boxes all my life i wanted Tiptronic auto for a change and i must say this autobox does not lag behind OK you dont get full control of the car like a manual box but the buttons on steering makes up for it and takes little practice to get the hang of especially when to time it for attacking tight corners etc .. good thing i like about them is it stops you from abusing the box i.e. you cannot start from 1st gear or over rev it as it will shift up at red line and wont allow down shifting to lower gears when travelling at high speeds.. and if one is into thier mods these boxes can handle power exceeding 300bhp in stock form and when the valve body is upgraded, over 500bhp can be chucked through it and it will hold..mind the gearbox is the same one in the GS430 /LS430 so are quite strong... IS300 is a totally different car to IS200

Hello guys and girls, just to let you know my IS300 sport with auto trans. is rocket, I mean try them with the PWR button ON and the TRC OFF then switch to manual mode driving like this you stop thinking you are in 200bhp car :driving:

Hello guys and girls, just to let you know my IS300 sport with auto trans. is rocket, I mean try them with the PWR button ON and the TRC OFF then switch to manual mode driving like this you stop thinking you are in 200bhp car :driving:

+1 Bobi :D ... I mean 145mph arrives so quickly it feels like its got more than just 210bhp when in PWR M mode OK its no ISF when not boosted but it surprises a few cocky BMW/Audi drivers who think UK roads was built for them alone..I think Lexus made the trans so perfectly they knew a manual will not be needed when it was first launched into the market although manual was introduced to the US market from 2002 because customers complained BMW330i was offered in manual so Lexus wanted to shut them up but I for one are not missing manual trans yet.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links