Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Soon To Be A Lexus Owner

rigga955

Been reading the forum for a little while now, gleaning some very useful info., and on Thursday I collect my 04 is200 sport, looking forward to some comfort for a change ....... low miles really at 65k dark grey in colour though lot sure what the actual colour is, and anthrasite alloys, full cream leather to contrast the darker outside, can't wait.

post-45140-0-32261000-1352059840.jpg

post-45140-0-79593800-1352059858.jpg

post-45140-0-84373200-1352059885.jpg

post-45140-0-89135700-1352059992.jpg

post-45140-0-69742900-1352060007.jpg

Hi there. Nice car. The colour of your Lexus is Kodiak Sky. This colour was only available 2004-2005. These were the last IS200 produced and came fully loaded with full leather seats as opposed to half leather and built in sat nav etc... Basically Lexus fully loaded them to sell them before they launched the 2nd generation IS in 2006.

Also check the cambelt has been changed as this is due at 60k :)

:)

Are you sure its Kodiak Sky in colour? As the ones I've seen advertised as such were a lot lighter than the colour of mine.

Cambelt as yet has not been done as the dealer assures me its a 100k item, but having read on here it will be geting done pretty soonish, its having a service and fresh mot for when I collect it.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

I think the dealer has made the colour up?

As for the cambelt it is 60,000 miles and should have been done by now, is there a full service history with the car?

I would certainly be asking for the job to be done before purchase including the tensioner/idler.

Looks a nice clean example and a nice change with full leather.

It's a bit like waiting to go on holiday with a few days to go, you just want to get there or in your case get the car!

Good looking motor - love the alloys.

I have a similar (ivory) leather interior and found that the light coloured floor mats got shabby/dirty looking very quickly, despite being as careful as we could.

In the end I replaced them with a nice charcoal grey but kept the ivory ones sealed up and stored in plastic.

The grey does not look out of place and keeps the car looking tidy. If its not too late, you might get the dealer to throw in a set.

Lol I think the dealer made the colour up too! There's no IS colour called pewter metallic!! Haha :)

I googled it out of curiousity and I found Kodiak sky comes up with your colour and silver the colour of my car. My car is platinum ice tho so I'm guessing yours is Kodiak sky. :)

Ill get the paint code off the car when i collect to confirm the actual colour.... dealer not a Lexus agent and won't budge on the cambelt change as he's adamant its not due, ill get it done asap anyway as I know someone who works for a Lexus dealer. Not got full history and in fact doing a vosa check revealed the car actually didn't get mot tested for two years and the milage. Didn't change for those two years.not concurrent by the way which is odd, but everything else checks out OK, hpi clear etc, two owners first being Lexus Cardiff, the second a private owner who has had it since jan 2005 not worried though as its in great condition and drives faultless, ill do some digging when I get the v5 and the previous owners details..... here's its mot history

Reg date 27/04/2004

1st mot 24/04/2007. 38344 miles

Next mot 21/05/2008. 53254

Next mot 23/01/2010. 53388

Next mot 21/02/2012. 55512

Now showing 65890 and getting a fresh mot ready for collection.

I presume the car was not used for the years no mot test was carried out, hence the little or no increase in miles recorded at those points in its life, from its condition and the way it drives I have no doubt its genuine though, just a little odd.

Right colour identification sorted, looking at the build plate it states N86 .... which is Antimony, so thats one mystery solved.

Collected the car today and srill impressed with the smoothness and xomfort levels, not so with the standard of finish to bolts and the like in the engine bay. A bit of elbow grease and paint needed to tidy it up but overall. Very pleased so far.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links