Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Me Raise Some Money For Hungry Kids Please :)

sprinter2012

Basically last night I participated in an event called 'Race Against Hunger' for the charity Save the Children. It's all being done to coincide with the Children in Need campaign, and all money goes to kids in the UK who are going hungry every day, maybe because they are homeless, maybe because their parents can't afford to pay the rent and put food on the table, point is it all goes to a good cause.

Our challenge was to complete the 26 mile marathon distance as a team of 10 people, in a continuous relay doing 200m each time. But to complete it within the time of the current marathon world record!

It may not sound a lot, but bear in mind that I would normally only do 2 or 3 200m runs during a competition day, totalling 600 metres. But last night I ran 2.6 miles in under 2 hours for this event! I then spent until 3am stood up and unable to sit down from agonising cramp in both legs :(

And just to put things into perspective...5 teams started the event, 1 didn't finish, and only 3 were within the marathon time. (we were one of the ones within the time)

Anyway to wrap things up, my reason for this post is that I was unsure I would be able to make the event due to work so I didn't want to take any money before I knew I could make it. But I took half the day off so I could get there on time. So now I've done it, it would be nice if I could raise a bit of money for the charity :)

So I would be very grateful if you guys could help me raise some money so I have something to donate to the charity I ran for. Any donation is appreciated whether it be 50p, £5 or £50, it's entirely up to you.

Here is the link to my Just Giving page... http://www.justgiving.com/DavidGain

Remember to tick the box for Gift Aid and Mr Cameron will add some money to your donation for free :)

Also feel free to add your forum names into the comment box if you want me to know who you are, or if you want to remain anonymous thats fine too.

Done, only a small amount but hope it goes a long way. And well done for finishing seems like a gruelling challenge.

Thanks for the support, any amount is appreciated. :)

If you think about it...the highest amount ever raised by Children in Need so far is £24 million. With over 60 million people in the UK, if everyone donated just 50p each we could beat that easily!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links