Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Transmission Fluid Flush + Refill

There's a difference between making one aware, and prepping with ammo from trading standards with a knob out fight.

Also if you think England is a rip off, or motoring in England is a rip off, then you genuinely have no idea and need to travel to broaden your mind.

Our motoring system is so easy. even something so simple as registering a private plate, ridicioulsy easy. The cost of our cars, the lack of import duty, the ease of getting parts the same day.

Really, please do some travelling and understand that England is actually a rather excellent country, with excellent infrastructure and a very reasonable price.

The thing is, the receipt didn't say gearbox oil changed.

It said gearbox oil changed - 80w/90 code is OILG80w

This sounds like an honest mistake as that weight can go in the diff. Some confusion between the mechanics and the service manager could easily lead to this. Mechanic says he used 2 litres of 80w. Service looks it up on the pc, comes out as a gearbox oil and types that in.

If they were being dishonest it would have said Gearbox oil changed.

Do you plan on going all American with this, with your rule book, sales acts, service acts, 10,000 sheets of legislation and demand the whole word from them along with a brand spanking new LS460L ( with the gearbox oil changed )?

The issue is not about dishonesty i have already mentioned that to Lexus the question is, how the service data sheet provided by the salesman for presale inspection on this car implied to a buyer that and the list is

Full service 80,00 miles 7 years.

then lists

Battery, trans,

dunlop

element air ref

gskt,drain ,plug

oil filter

washer fluid

coolent

other,

engine oil

gearbox oil 80w/90<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

consumarbles

environmental charge

visual safety report

on a later service data sheet it states timing belt has this been changed/checked/ or just looked at, well it has been changed but it does not mention that in the data sheet.>>> timing belt changed >>>it just says "timing belt" so you are right it should say changed but because it did not then it becomes ambiguous for that point of sale.

coolant has it been changed yes>>.but just states Coolent

dunlop has it been changed yes>>>>but just states Dunlop

gearbox oil 80w/90 ????? it does not say changed like the others above but give the impression it has if you follow the there system.

it also states engine oil but no number no value so has that been changed. yes it has so again we follow there system

gearbox oil with a value of wrong oil has it been changed .......no ..........the system becomes confusing.

In-fact unbeknown to you, you are actually agreeing with me in your own knob out way.

the report is to ambiguous for customers to make an informed choice end of, it's up to Lexus to amend there system because when i asked the question had it been done the reply was if it's on the sheet then it's been done, then after buying the car the issue of the correct oil is raised on this forum and that's when further digging by the customer finds out the truth, at no time during the sale was i advised to seek the whole truth by telephoning the Lexus servicing garage to see what really went on,

what would you assume.

and as for a new Ls460L yes please in Black to match my eyes.

I fully support your wish to have the dealers clarify what the vehicle actually has had done. Whether the data sheet is purposely vague I would not know having never seen one ( not rich enough! ).

I do however believe a lot of paper work is....how shall I put it.........obstructive to easy perusal in order that we don't spot the rip offs quite so readily. I believe ALL small print should be a minimum of 12 or 14 point by law.

Mike is right, if we don't stand up and say no to shoddy practise whether it be a mistake or by design, then how are we to expect to be treated fairly and honestly?

I for one will not be dropping my trousers ( pants for our American cousins ) and grabbing my ankles any time soon!!

Is it possible for us Lexus owners to get a recommended list going giving details of mechanics, dealers and suppliers who give excellent and honest quality service? I've seen a few mentioned down south who appear to be great, how about a sticky with their details on please Steve?

Rant over......sorry about that....I'm just passionate about excellent customer service.

There's a difference between making one aware, and prepping with ammo from trading standards with a knob out fight.

Also if you think England is a rip off, or motoring in England is a rip off, then you genuinely have no idea and need to travel to broaden your mind.

Our motoring system is so easy. even something so simple as registering a private plate, ridicioulsy easy. The cost of our cars, the lack of import duty, the ease of getting parts the same day.

Really, please do some travelling and understand that England is actually a rather excellent country, with excellent infrastructure and a very reasonable price.

In my professional working life I have traveled all over the world for around 40 years so leave the travel bit out and I will put the rest down to having a bad day, Mike

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is now getting out of hand!

In is on the left,out is on the right!

Untitled_0022_0001.jpg

Lexus are still pondering the question about a fluid change, i had a look at the fluid on the end of the dipstick and it's the color of the one on the left (red) no bits clean red, so the ball is in there court, so to speak, they a tittering about how much oil to use.

that dip stick a bugger to get back in.

This topic is now getting out of hand!

In is on the left,out is on the right!

Untitled_0022_0001.jpg

That's what mine looked liked (the one on the right) when I changed it at 240k miles. Made bugger all difference to the performance of the box. I had a company do an empty, flush, and refil with the correct Type IV from Lexus - after I'd persuaded them it exists...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links