Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rs200 - I Want!

OLI_EP3

Well just wanted say that having been out in a RS200 (SXE10) I really do want one!

Also wanted to thank ALTEZZAS for giving me the opportunity to pick his brain and let me test drive it!! :D (Well 'the opportunity' to test drive it! I refused as I couldn't trust myself :whistling: )

This forum has some decent people and always oblige to answering questions!!

Great forum, great people, great car!

Now to sell my fto.................

Guest mark_tsang

buy an Altezza, you kno you wanna

Mitsubishi FTO is nice,i luv that car since it came out in 1994, i wanted an FTO but found out insurance costs too much if your under 25.

Hi Mark

yes I really do want an RS200, wanna swap!! :P

Thought not!

Anyway you too have an RS200?? I was hoping insurance is cheaper than my FTO as I'm 25 and paying 1k on insurance a year is pretty steep!!

I also see that your in essex too which is sweet. Where do you service your motor?? Altezzas uses the one in Rayleigh and says it's pretty good just wondered where other people get theirs done.

Guest mark_tsang

hi,

i would have an FTO, just the insurance, even the FTO 1.8 GS would cost me around £1600 & thats just 125bhp so a 2.0 GR /GPX, dont know.

havent had the car serviced yet, Alex (Altezzaz) told me he gets it serviced at Lexus dealer in Hadliegh (essex). tried toyota car dealer once, they refused.

What ins rating/cost is it for an Altezza?

I got asked about them the other day, and wondered how much difference beteen insurance is?

I think the major issue is that it is an import, that bumps the insurance up a bit (or at least the excess)..

I'd guess the insurance cost would be similar to the IS300.

Guest mark_tsang

im paying about £1800, group 15, it use to be group 13 in 1999, it use to be rated same as IS200sport as top of the range model, i think since IS300 came out, it gone up to group 15.

same with celica's, new model was out in 2000 1.8 140bhp, group 12, i know of someone bought for his son a JDM celica 1.8 190bhp at same time in 2000, was rated group 12 same as 1.8 140bhp uk car as this was only model in uk at the time, now his insurance is 15/16 as you can now buy a uk spec celica 190/t-sport 190bhp rated 15/16 ins. group.

BAM BAM, thats a pretty sweet car you have there, if I got one......... I mean WHEN I get one ;) I'll load it up with a TRD and TOM's bits too!

Where abouts are ya?

Mark, if I remember correctly the FTO is group 20 (i think) so for me it's a saving to go to an Altezza!! good excuse really!

Do you go down and cruise sarfend on the weekend?! :P

Does anyone know what needs to be done to get it to pass SVA and what people have done?

I know dials need to read MPH, how have you guys gone about doing that? Just a sticker? My FTO had a delimiter and convertor so dials show mph and odometer records in miles

Foglamps??!??!!? My FTO has an added foglamp what about the Altezzas??

Fuel restriction pipe?? Don't know about that one

My main concern is the foglamp!!

cheers ppl

Yup, unless you get a car with the winter pack you'll need fog lamps, they are restricted to 112mph (mine isn't anymore :D ) and you'll need the speedo/odo converted to mph, and probably some undersealing wouldn't hurt. I'm paying 750 quid insurance or thereabouts.

Guest mark_tsang

i thought FTO is group 18, my mates dad has FTO GR, too expensive to insure for my mate(he wanted it)so his dad got him Celica GT-FOUR thats much cheaper to insure & his dad kept FTOwhich costs him bout £500 to insure,

as Altezzaz said is restricted need rear fog light, convert to MPH, underseal etc.. to pass SVA.

mine got rear fog lights on bootlid that replaces working brake light. so now similar setup to UK spec IS200 but still got working sidelights, i seen Altezza with rear fog light below rear bumper in Essex over yr ago,the car i thought was Altezzaz's.

i use to go cruising down southend in my mazda 323F, sort of modified, unfinished project, recently sold it as had Altezza for 3 month now & cant afford to own 2 cars.

whats fuel restriction pipe do?!, u may also need radio expander.

well I can live with the import insurance. unless it is more :blink:

,better fuel consumption and more refined look!

So I think I'll be benifitting!

So in terms of getting odometer converted........ anyone know where this can be done?

Foglamps........ I know we need them and they come as per uk with the winter pack (yes altezzas i remember you saying this, i forgot sorry)

But what if it doesnt? What has other owners done? Don't be shy guys n gals! :)

Mark....... so you have no third brake light? as this is your fog light?

Also fuel restriction mod is to make sure only unleaded fuel nozzles fit (I think not 100% sure though)

fog lights is simple........

just rewire the boot lid tails as foglights, run a cable through the car to a switch with light onm the dash.

and if anyone tells you the altezza tails and the UK spec fog lights have different lens or reflector, there talking out there poop shoot

Guest mark_tsang

rear fog lights on my Altezza were wired into both of rear lights on the tailgate, the circular lights on either side of the rear number plate. not the third brake light .

or get bodyshop to integrate a fog light into rear bumper looks much better &tidier than ones hanging off bottom rear bumper.

Supracharged-IS340  Posted on Aug 4 2003, 03:35 PM fog lights is simple........

just rewire the boot lid tails as foglights, run a cable through the car to a switch with light onm the dash.

and if anyone tells you the altezza tails and the UK spec fog lights have different lens or reflector, there talking out there poop shoot

Mat always on form with the answers! Cheers

Mark> thanks for those links, pretty busy and lazy to have done a search for the Fog lamps etc......

the celica's are quite nice but really fancy a RWD and the RS200's what I really want ....DORIFTO anyone??!!

:P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links