Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I have spotted a 92 Aristo for sale ... 44,000 on the clock

had a look round and noticed it had a 2jz- GE engine... and was wondering if this engine can be turbo'd or SC'd?

Also checked under the oil cap.. noticed some brown creamy stuff... The car has not been moved for 3 weeks and plus he has had the car since september... would this cause the creamy residue inder the cap? Salesman claimed it has been started up for a min or two while moving cars around.

The oil looked fresh on the dipstick

I'm no expert... but I'd say a creamy coloured gunge on the oil cap suggests the head gasket is on it's way out...

And isn't the 2JZ engine the same one that Matt is dropping in the monster.... if so, you can turbo it once or twice....

yes its the same engine.. i could recognise it a mile off... although i would love to polish the cover like mat has!

The car has been sat there for 11 months... it had a petentional buyer but the buyer was unable to buy it in the end as he ended up with bars on his windows.

if the car has been sat around then maybe this is what happens?

I really dont wanna waste money on RAC check if its gone and I have to find something else

as fidgits says be very careful if you have the dreaded creamy gunk in the oil, unless your 100% confident in this car I would walk away as you could end upwith costly repair bills, or at least thats the advice i've been given over the years....

could just be condesation if its been stood a while. only cost £15 to have it pressure tested? if its head gasket that will show up for sure. and even tell you where its from.

That engine of mats is the same as the Mk2 GS Engine.

funny... a number of people have said my car is a supra with body kit. the only component it shares with the SUpra is the engne though. Does this mean the IS300 is a supra with a body kit? :duh:

No... I thought not. :geek:

Loz

Get t bought steve. you'll love the smooth straight that your V6 is missing...

hehe i loved it when he was standing there and i opened the oil cap and said "oh look.. its creamy"

His reply

"its not what you think it is... it been standing for a while with the occasional start ups"

its a very clean motor!! big aftermarket wheels with 255's on the back...

ok here i am.....

if its a 2jz-ge, then the blocks are the same, however the head and internals are different

it can be turbocharged no problem

the mk1 gs300 is basically a supra witha different shell on...not the mk2

if the car is run for very short times, then yes a cream can form in the cap, a good run will sort that out

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links