Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After An Is200

hello there,

thought id join the site in hope of some advice on a buying an IS200. I have a budget of around £1000.

im looking at this one at the moment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251192721941?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

what do people think of that?

I am keen for the Sport version mind but, since there is no bhp difference and i dont think the slip differential thing will matter to me much, then il be happy with a SE or S like the one above.

i prefer the grey type over the other colours.

High mileage, no reference to service history/cam belt changes. No interior photo's, cant find the MOT...

I'd be asking for service history, MOT ref so you can check online (but I would be expecting a list of advisories), some close up shots of the bodywork and interior, an indication of what make the 'new' tyres are etc, etc.

However I suppose for £1k I'd maybe be expecting too much!

Alternatively, buy it, when it costs too much to sort for the MOT scrap it/break it for parts..?

J

For £1000 you can't be that picky but I think you can get better than that.

As said before no reference to service history/ belt change.

Don't like the fact that he's 'lost' the MOT.

Also it's only a S model. So no leather, no electric heated seats, only a 6 speaker stereo not 8.

I'm sure a SE with similar mileage and price will come along that has a service history :)

I personally wouldnt rush and hold off from buying this one.. no MOT , service history, cambelt change history will be a no no for me you can take the gamble and go see the car in the metal maybe have a test drive and if all drives and feels ok before commiting else I would source another £500 and pick another IS going for around £1700 - £2000 with room for negotiating that price down. anything within £1500 £2000 price range will be in good cond, service hist, MOT, Tax etc.. as this one below.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201211214320356/sort/default/usedcars/colour/grey/model/is/make/lexus/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/radius/200/page/1/postcode/lu63hp?logcode=p

This one looks a good example and a bargain at the price. Depends on what the "lots of history" tells.

So it went cheap, did you get it?

0786ricky2010, mate this bloke sold me a leather interior and has just mailed me about a black is200 sport bodykit 18 inch wheels 1200 quid , when i went last month he also had an is300 sportcross in about 1300 quid contact him if u still need a car

0786ricky2010, mate this bloke sold me a leather interior and has just mailed me about a black is200 sport bodykit 18 inch wheels 1200 quid , when i went last month he also had an is300 sportcross in about 1300 quid contact him if u still need a car

was it out of a red lexus is300 by any chance? ls51 rho....my old one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links