Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What's Your Mpg?

Shreksta

I did London to Leeds and back again, with an extra little bit on top (around town) - total 454 miles, and used about a full tank (plus a tiny bit) which I make out to be near as dammit 30mpg, and about 20p per mile. Around town is less, but I haven't really calculated it properly, but I'd expect it to be low to mid 20's

I get around 460 miles to a full tank and that's only on the motorway journeys to my gf house which is 344 miles away from mine.but it is all motorway and good main roads.from full to half full I have gotten 250 miles.pics to prove.these cars aren't hard to run.thats if you stick to speed limits and don't hold your foot down on the throttle.mind you it is hard as I've got a full induction kit and cat back system and it really makes that 6 cylinder sound beautiful :-))

Lexus is200 Auto I get 20mpg driving to work which is 1.5 miles and 10 traffic lights away moslty with the engine cold! On motorway with cruise control on 75mph the maximum i got was around 29mpg. Not the most economical car in the world, but puts a smile in your face, who gives a damn :phone: ??

Been getting 32mpg average per tank, 480-500 miles to full tank but usually top up at 400-450 instead of running it dry, in my 2000 IS200 Sport manual with 120k miles.

I'm quiet happy with that to be honest! :D

Been getting 32mpg average per tank, 480-500 miles to full tank but usually top up at 400-450 instead of running it dry, in my 2000 IS200 Sport manual with 120k miles.

On a long motorway drive and some town driving I average 31mpg in the IS300 which works out roughly 478 - 480 miles to a tank full.. i think thats not bad for a 3litre automatic with over 100K miles on the clock...well i spoil it with good engine Oil and high octane ferrari fuel :)

On a long motorway drive and some town driving I average 31mpg in the IS300 which works out roughly 478 - 480 miles to a tank full.. i think thats not bad for a 3litre automatic with over 100K miles on the clock...well i spoil it with good engine Oil and high octane ferrari fuel :)

Thats a really good on a 300 I'd have thought. Wow, you're making me want one all the more now! 31mpg is the most I've got out of my 200 and that's my normal week which is mostly A roads and a steady 60mph going to work and back with a little bit of running around in between.

yep this is normally achieved with cruise control striclty set at 70mph with engine turning at around 2500rpms which is only 500rpms higher than a mordern diesel engine cruising at the same speed..not sure if using 99ron fuel contributs to this aswell but thats what am running at the moment and it seems to sip fuel until you put your foot down and watch the fuel guage drop down fast.. dont forget the IS300 achives 290NM at only 3800rpm so getting the car moving from a stop or accelerate whilst moving does not take a lot of right pedal effort due to more torque the engine produces..

In the next few weeks will be treating her to a full service, so might get an extra couple of mpg out of her (wishfull thinking I know)

Redline MT90 for the gearbox.

Redline 75w90 for the differential.

Fuchs Silkolene Pro S 5w-30 for the engine.

If anything it will be smoother after the service :)

• 2 weeks later...

I get 660 miles to 69 ltrs if fuel which works out at 44.1mpg.

I have is200 sport.

When red light comes on I have around 60miles till the car at is actually empty.

That's motorway only.

44mpg and 660 miles from a tank, from a petrol, inline 6 IS200 Sport?? Sorry but I find that hard to believe :whistling: and you have about 8 litres left in the tank when the light comes on, I've tested this many times.

That's diesel MPG your quoting and better than a lot of members are getting from their 220d!

I only ever managed a best of 40mpg in my auto is200 and that wasnt easy 60mph with cruise control activated.All motorway..( chesterfield to tunbridge wells)

Just done my first full tank and got 290 miles and the light came on. Just town driving. Pretty shocking for a tiny engine....

Absolute pig round town Ray! I'll never forget my first tank in the IS. All town driving, thrashing it a bit as you do when you get a new car, 240 miles!! I thought something was wrong with it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links