Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Went To Look At This Ls This Morning...

Did mine too. Halfords own silicon spray £3.99.

Wife's side didn't retract very well, and she has slammed the door too soon, denting the door panel. *itch!

Now perfect. Zips in very smoothly now.

Have done the window rubbers to ease the electric motors, and will get it on the boot seal, and moonroof seals soon too!

Thanks for the tip.

Did you spray all the belt or just the bit that comes out of the slot last and doesn't touch the passenger/driver? Sorry if its a strange question but I have paying passengers so can't risk ruining their clothes.

Cheers

Pete.

Just fully pull out the belt and apply a light spray to both sides, no need to totally soak the belt because once retracted it spreads out into the fabric as well as lubricating the rollers.

I have had no residue problems since doing mine.

Could be onto something here... "The JML Seatbelt Cleaner and Lubricator available at Wilkinsons,B+M Bargains and all good department Stores" "It was so good I bought the Company!""Satisfaction Guaranteed or your money back" :lol:

Pulled the belt out fully, and sprayed both sides liberally to roughly the point where the belt returns inside the doorpost

Ran it in and out about 10 times, it immediately ran and retracted much better. Driven twice (with swmbo) with no problem of residue.

I have just been reading all the threads about seat belts, "AND" boy have I been a right twerp!! last year I had the same trouble with the drivers belt, as it is an M.O.T. failure I bought a new one from Lexus the only thing was they couldn't get the same colour so I said ok order it. the bill was £64.15. I had a go at changing them but failed,SO back to Lexus they charged £36.00 to replace it Total £100.15. I think next time I have any problems I will try coming on here first..Now I am going to have lie down in a quiet room/watch the T.V. with a nice glass of "RATZEPUTZ" to calm myself down--cheers guys. :msn-cry:

Yes Martin, Halfords has it at £5.99. Have a look at this I just cut and pasted for you:

About an hour ago I stumbled into the thread that recommends using Silicone Spray to solve the problem of seat belts that don't retract easily. I therefore rushed to Halfords only to arrive 5 minutes after closing time. One of the cashiers saw the forlorn look on my face and decided to open the door and asked me what I wanted. "A tin of silicone spary!" I shouted. So she said: "we'll let you in but just because it's Christmas eve." I replied, "not only that, but today's my happy 72nd birthday!"

This made my day so all the remains is to wish you all a Happy Christmas and to thank you all for your valuable tips and contributions. Cheers! PEPE

Carlsberg don't make forums, but if they did.............it still wouldn't be as good as this one...... :-)

Nice one Pete. You are really getting good at these. I will have to watch my step. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links