Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Loose Steering

Hi everyone!

Here I am once again, for some advise from fellow members.

I've replaced the four tyres on my Lexus a few weeks ago, and since then I've noticed that when I'm driving, the steering has become very loose as if I can feel every single bump and pothole on the road.

Also, when I'm driving at 30 or 40mph I feel that the steering becomes very light.

I used to love driving it around, but now for some reason it doesnt feel safe and it drives rubbish.

I have taken it to my mechanic, he had a good look round and everything is normal, apart from a very slight leak on one of the front shock absorbers, which according to him doesnt seriously affect the driving.

He suggested that I should try and get the tracking sorted, but I would like to hear from anyone who may have experienced a similar issue before I start messing around with it.

Your suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

uno what i have found this as well. I didnt mention it because i thought it was just the characteristics of the car. Ive only owned 2 other cars in my life so havent had much driving experience. I got my brakes all done at the front because i had a sticky one and after its been sorted have found the steering is twitchy and light. I am putting it down to being RWD but i think its totally normal because i know theres nothing wrong with it. Arent sporty type cars suppose to give you feedback thru the steering?

That's the complete opposite of what I've found with my IS - the steering feels solid and planted, no twitchyness or play in it. It's not heavy or stiff, and to be fair could be a little more responsive, but it shouldn't be overly light or twitchy.

Get it down to Chesham to see Tony @ Wheels In-Motion; they'll give the geometry a complete overhaul to their settings and it'll feel better than ever

Guys, I had same problem and took it in to have the tracking done - transpired that the ball joints on the suspension ams had significant play and needed these sorted before any tracking was done. I got the work done and Since then my IS200 now feels planted and more confident with no steering wobble above 60mph.

Well get this. I live in a med-evil town and when i drive over cobbles and let go of the steering wheel its all over the show. Tyres all at 36 psi. so suspension arms eh? makes sense, they do look a bit worse for ware tbh

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links