Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Light / Switch Problem

Raymond.

My boot light doesn't work. Found various topics on here but no solution.

The door open light on the dash does not come on when the boot is open so either the boot switch or actuator is at fault.

Can't see anything obvious under the lining of the lid and there's a connector that I don't know of what it is. The connector is in the middle of the picture

Any idea's? I'd like to have a boot light.

file-7.jpg

That would be odd. If the car is locked and I press the boot unlock button I'd expect the boot light to come on.

I'm sure the boot light was still off when the driver door was open and interior light was on.

There is no warning on the dash to say the boot is open either.

Ok just checking. Many boot lights are missing on IS. Boot light phantom we call it lol anyway I just had to replace my passenger door sensor for interior lights as it was shot. prob same on your boot. I got it for 5 quid from a breakers.

I read that thread earlier yeah. Everything is in place though.

Strangely enough the interior lights work fine. I say fine but the interior light comes on when I unlock the car and goes off when IGN is turned but when IGN is turned off it doesn't turn back on until you open the door?

Blimey, I feel like I'm going backwards fast..

Still like the car but there's quite a few things that aren't there or are not possible to code in. Like the selective locking, adaptive locking, auto windows all round and sleep mode. Oh and folding mirrors with IGN off..

Rant over.....

I found it strange the boot light didn't operate when I unlocked the boot only on the remote key, then one day I went in there with the car headlights turned on and the boot light was working, seems that's the only time it works, also I don't think it shows up on the dash tell tale when the boots open because you can independantly open the boot from the remote without unsetting the alarm, just in case you go back to the car just to access the boot and then walk away again without going inside the car ..... its an odd quirk but its got a few like that.

If my boot is open then my door open light is on on the dash. If I open it with the key fob keeping the rest of the car locked and I look inside then the door open light is on on the dash.

My boot light also comes on whenever the boot is open, even if the rest of the car is still locked :)

That makes me thing the solenoid or switch is not working correctly.

This needs to be sorted as I hate it when things aren't perfect!

Hopefully something will show tomorrow unless someone comes up with a fix for it.

ChrisIS200SportTTE' timestamp='1356129255' post='798903']

If my boot is open then my door open light is on on the dash. If I open it with the key fob keeping the rest of the car locked and I look inside then the door open light is on on the dash.

My boot light also comes on whenever the boot is open, even if the rest of the car is still locked :)

Very strange ....... i need to investigate mine more

Take the connector off the back of the boot lid switch and short it to earth - if it lights you know its the switch. You can sometimes just clean them off and they work fine. Cover with some lithium grease if the copper is tarnished or it will just tarnish again and stop working.

The light should come on regardless of any ignition position or other lights.

I can't remember if the courtesy switch is at the front near the latch (not the lid), or at the rear in these (where the hinge passes through, right hand side)

That spare connector is for the spoiler with fitted brake light.

As for mirrors closing, I developed a little device for it. Costs about £15 tops to make if you're into playing with electronics. HERE

Cheers mate,

I'll have a go at the switch today as I'm doing the tail / fog light thing today so covers will be off anyway.

My car has the spoiler with brake light fitted as standard. Not checked if it actually works though.....

The mirror thing looks good. I'll get some bits in the new year. It says the mirrors open at IGN on. Can they open when the car gets unlocked too?

My car has the spoiler with brake light fitted as standard. Not checked if it actually works though.....

Yeah, some of the oem spoilers didn't have the connectors on so they didn't actually plug in - you still had to manually splice into the cabling.

The mirror thing looks good. I'll get some bits in the new year. It says the mirrors open at IGN on. Can they open when the car gets unlocked too?

I didn't build it so the mirrors opened with unlock because I didn't want it taking any power monitoring it with ignition off. Once it closes the mirrors, it shuts itself off. I thought about it but when I realised how often I got into the car and needed the mirrors without ignition, it didn't warrant a redesign and cost jump. I think there is a commercially available one you can buy somewhere that does it.

I checked the light in the spoiler and it does work. I can see some wires running with non OEM connectors so that could be the feed for it.

I have not managed to sort the boot light problem as yet though...

The mirror thing looks good so I'll be getting that done in the new year. Thanks for the guide. Much appreciated. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links