Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

From Is200 To Cooper S?

ive got my brandnew IS200 (all options-top of d line) in dec99, only driven 17,000kms on it since (actually it has 16,900+ on it now). now, as my IS reaches its 4th year with me, i plan on changing to a Mini COOPER S. am i losing anything on this plan???????? xept that its only got 2doors right?and as with any sale...i loose money.

am not really concerned about losing 2doors nor trunk space.

No resolver! It's a mistake!!!! :yack:

I have 2 friends with the mini cooper, one with mini cooper S and i can say i'll never buy that car! It has a lot of mechanical problems! The only thing truely BMW are the electric parts. The engine si Chrysler, che gear box Rover.... :shutit:

2 of my friends are selling the mini because they are being mad.... too much problems!!! :sick:

geeez.....this is really a lexus forum!!! lol. well my Is200 is really trouble free ...no doubt about it, its toyota tough!!!!!

any ideas wat Problems are plaguing the Cooper S??????????? is it the usual Benz/Bmw electrical bugs??????????????? ive got an MB too, and ive got my share of problems with it.

but way back 99, the lex was really cool with its Futuristic Taillamps, and solo inner rear fog lamps......... now...its so common..so imitated..... everytime i see a riced out civic with these rearlamps, i used to overtake them. hahaha

but wat d heck i say to myself, at least..im driving the real deal!

well...im still hanging on to my IS for now, ive got other priorities....maybe keep it a year more, until the new model comes out. but who knows???? maybe the new one will b soooooo nice, illll completely forget about the cooper S. hahaha...btw, at almost 4years old with only 16,900kms, my car i think is still spankingly new right???????

wen will the all new IS be out??? 2004 2005??? the GS has been out since 98 but still hasnt changed. so the IS will b out in 2005 i guess. wat do u guys think?

Bonjour,

A friend of mine had a Normal Cooper, with a lot of electrical problems, first release in France, he wanted to switch to the new Cooper S. We advised him ... but he made it by his own.

Now he's fed up with the S, too many problems, and especially the gear box, changed twice in 6 months.

He's dying now to sell his pot, without loosing too much money ... and he will surely loose.

Like Claire said, the original mini was far from what is it now, my first car was a mini special (the one with three clocks on the dash board) with a 1.1 liter engine. The only problem I had was the brakes, fadding, not effective, remembering the red light indicator for brakes out of service nad had to change the radiator (leaking)

Interior was full of wood, chromes, front & rear chromed protecs, really enjoyed that car.

BTW with some friends, we did a trip to my house in Spain, from Paris to Valencia in Mini, things you can do when you're 20 years old, some friends in the spanish village still remember the quater of a Rolls Royce I had :)

@d'taleur

Vince

I love the original mini, as provides great racing along with the 2CV, talking to friends in Melbourne they say the new mini is not as exciting as the original. If I was looking at buying a supermini maybe I would go for the smart car with a few tweeks made by those lovely people at Brabus. Will cost about the same and will definatly be different.

From my own view I think the Mini should go back to what it was a fun cheap, small car, not what it is at the moment.

The engine is a chrysler unit and the gearbox is a bad Rover. My friend with a cooper one day wasn't able to put the first speed.... :sick: after a stop.

Then he try to put the second speed.... *****! even the II speed was broken.... He had only the fourth speed.... :shutit: The mini had 500 km more or less.... :crybaby:

This was only one problem.... :yack:

MINI makes you mad!!!! :lol:

your Scaring da hell out of me guysssss......LOL.

well my benz has had d ff parts replaced in its first year...fusebox, airmass-air intake sensor, Battery, horn, memory seat computer. hehehehehehe...

anyways...this cooper S thing is like a spur of d moment idea...maybe itll die down as the months pass. especially that u guys r scaring d hell out of me.hahaha

the gearbox was never a rover one......the rover gearbox is made by peugeot

the only gearbox that rover ever made was the ones used on cars pre 1989 after then they used either Honda or Peugeot gearboxes

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links