Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Paint Brand

anyone know wat paint brand Lexus uses at the factory in japan?????

or does anyone know wat paint brand does european lexus workshops use for painting????

i had a new rear bumper painted with DuPont polyurethane paint, but the painter is having a hard time getting an exact match of my silver metallic paint even if dupont has this paint formula in their computer.

well it does look d same to the untrained eye, but wen the lighting changes, there is some noticeable difference. like wen its twilight...dusk...or just gloomy weather as opposed to a sunny one. its really a mistmatch. :(

pretty much impossible to tell

i know where i am in Germany the local painter uses Standox paint, everytime i get him to paint something, its an exact match

is it the paint.....the mixer or the painter.........you tell me :shifty:

hahahaha Supracharged-IS340.....................

can i order the "painter" who does ur painting???????????? or should i just have him "kidnapped" and brought here?

well...it seems every country is using a different paint for refinishing. now, im trying on RM polyurethane (its by BASF-Glasurit).hope its a match this time. a perfect match that is as im very meticulous.

As for which companys paint is used by the lexus approved repairers..

Well that'll be the company who's bosses play golf with the Lexus honchos.

Same goes for insurance 'approved' repairers.

Bodyshops often have more than one paint 'scheme' in their premises.

They only get 'approved' business by having the insurers or manufacturers preferred paint.

That's not to say they necessarily use it ....

Just have it sitting in the corner and 'stir' it occasionally.

It's just the same as any other business...

All politics, hospitality, back scratching etc rather than any technical or quality considerations.

So, sounds like it's ICI reps who are currently letting Lexus bosses beat them at golf :shifty:

Guest mark_tsang
anyone know wat paint brand Lexus uses at the factory in japan?????

or does anyone know wat paint brand does european lexus workshops use for painting????

i had a new rear bumper painted with DuPont polyurethane paint, but the painter is having a hard time getting an exact match of my silver metallic paint even if dupont has this paint formula in their computer.

well it does look d same to the untrained eye, but wen the lighting changes, there is some noticeable difference. like wen its twilight...dusk...or just gloomy weather as opposed to a sunny one. its really a mistmatch. :(

lot of time is hard to get exact match of factory colour paintwork from a car repair shop, usually not really notice difference. if youre lucky you get same colour & not even notice even at night depend on which car repair shop you go, is like a gamble really.

sometimes you see colour on bumper & bodywork has slight difference in shade even on factory painted car as bodyshell & bumper is different material.

i been told 'oven bake' in car repair places that is! uses certain tempertures whereas factory is set much higher that car repair cant or else it melts the plastics in car so this has difference on paint finish.

well mines silver metallic, and silver is always hard to match, due to "shading" problems......... i had my other car painted...and its a perfect match...its blue though...

anyway...im having my painter do several "paint test panels" inorder to get the right formula. paint database formulas arent an exact match as ive xpected.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links