Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Do I Have Led Rear Light?

Hi,

Can someone tell me if my rear lights are LED lights or not? they look like they could be when they are on, but compared the aftermarket "lexus" lights that you can buy for any car, the LED's seem "blurry" and so I just want to be sure. They came standard on the car and not an aftermarket upgrade:

TomsBadgeonmycar_zpsac32ed6e.jpg

Oh, and please ignore the Tom's badge as it was a silly impulse buy but very fitting for me.

Thanks,

Tom

Yes all 2nd Gen IS's have rear LED brake and rear lights. The indicators and reverse lights are standard bulbs. Your facelift lights have 6 LED's on each side where are the pre facelift cars and IS-F models have 3 each side IIRC

Yes all 2nd Gen IS's have rear LED brake and rear lights. The indicators and reverse lights are standard bulbs. Your facelift lights have 6 LED's on each side where are the pre facelift cars and IS-F models have 3 each side IIRC

Thanks, maybe it is because of the 6 LEDs that you mentioned which is why I think it seems blurry. I think the "lexus" lights you can get for any car have fewer LEDs in a cluster which is why I guessi find it easier to tell.

Anyway, thanks for helping!

• 3 years later...

Sorry to revive an old thread. In terms of the 2006 Lexus IS 250... does it have LED rear tail, brake and numberplate lights as standard?

What colour is the numberplate light? Yellow or blue/white?

If the LEDs are dim or dying, is it a Lexus whole unit replacement job or can you replace the LED bulbs?

Thanks!

On 7/20/2016 at 6:26 PM, EuroFighter said:

Sorry to revive an old thread. In terms of the 2006 Lexus IS 250... does it have LED rear tail, brake and numberplate lights as standard?

What colour is the numberplate light? Yellow or blue/white?

If the LEDs are dim or dying, is it a Lexus whole unit replacement job or can you replace the LED bulbs?

Thanks!

Yes all lights are LED except of Indicator and revers. Number Plates lights - yellow. I haven't seen car with standard blue(ish) LEDs, except of DLR's.

As well dim LED's would be very rare thing, I guess unit replacement (thankfully pre-face-lift units are cheap). I am sure the reason for them being dim is not actual LEDs, but something else in the chain.

• Like 1

Thanks Linas - I seem to have 5000-6000k coloured numberplate LEDs as opposed to the yellow LEDs you mentioned. May be the previous owner decided to change them.

I've installed Cree 25W Reverse Light LED (I pinched this from my previous car) and it slotted in nicely - looks great too.

Just waiting for my new interior/exterior LEDs to arrive!

Yes - guess that will be the last owner to blame. It is easy to spot how number plates stands out when the original yellow lights are replaced with blue LEDs.. At least for me it doesn't look great when blue light reflects from yellow number plate. Thought look good on US and EU cars where rear numbers are white. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links