Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi,

I believe that the US cars have a DRL feature where the full beam is always on at 30%.

Is there an "add-on" or some kind of module which I can fit which can do this? Or even better, can I take my car down to a dealer to activate this?

Thanks!

Tom

About 2-3 months ago I searched high and low for an answer to this but eventually gave up. I hope somebody can help.

Oh and for those of you wandering what it looks like:

I personally think the stock 9005 halogen bulb looks a lot better than this LED one.

is250_One_Serious_Distraction_16-900x600.jpg

If you have the DRL's just switch on the side lights &/or run on dip although this defeats the primary purpose!

Tel

Thanks for the replies!

I havent tried them on dip as I expected the lights to just be on when I had the ignition on. Will try this when I leave from work at 5:30 to see if I have this feature but if memory serves me right....I dont. I have my lights set to "auto" and have never seen the main beam on at low power.l

The kits that I have come across, mainly from the CL forums on Vleds and also the kits I have seen from eBay require the feature already available so if anyone stumble on a kit that will ADD this feature, please post a link here :-)

Don't think you are gonna have DRL's on the 220d that you have. To be honest I doubt it would be viable to even think about trying to input these on your car. There was a post about this very subject on here so have a search back through.

Don't think you are gonna have DRL's on the 220d that you have. To be honest I doubt it would be viable to even think about trying to input these on your car. There was a post about this very subject on here so have a search back through.

Thanks Normski - I have checked and I dont have DRL. Also, no seller or no amount of googling has been fruitful so I dont think you can you add this feature via some kind of light module.

Speaking to the guys in the US, if you do have DRL and change them to LED, then you do loose the full beam feature so I guess for them it is cosmetics over function.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links