Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Adjusting Windscreen Washers

MY11 IS250 F-Sport

Is it ok to introduce a needle in a washer nozzle/hole to adjust the direction/spread of the spray from that nozzle?

Or is a special tool needed?

I've got a very small portion of the passenger side windscreen (tlh area) that does not seem to get as much spray as the rest of the screen.

It smears the screen until I ensure it has enough spray reaching it.

Then it clears that area just fine - like the rest of the screen.

Argento

I have personally done this on other cars but used a pin not a needle and had no problems but I have also read that doing this can damage the nozzle but to adjust you have to insert something in the hole to move them.

Knowing Lexus there is probably a special tool at a special price that looks like a pin!

I have personally done this on other cars but used a pin not a needle and had no problems but I have also read that doing this can damage the nozzle but to adjust you have to insert something in the hole to move them.

Knowing Lexus there is probably a special tool at a special price that looks like a pin!

Ok thanks and noted.

Like you, that's all I've used on other makes over the years. A pin.

Let's see it the others have any suggestions or know how they do it at the dealer's.

Argento

• 1 year later...

Hi, Does any one know if it is possible adjust the washer jets, and how, on a GS 450 h, (57) the spray is too low on the screen, the lets look difficult to get to, when the hood is up it is even more difficult to see.

Thank you

Junips

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links