Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mmmm First Concern With Car.........

When I first got the car just about 2 weeks ago, it started first turn every turn. Noticed over the last couple of days when the car has been sitting for a couple of hours it sometimes does not fire first time. Normally goes second time (it took 3 goes once)

Once started if I nip out of the car for a few mins say to pop into the shop it starts on the button.

Cant say it has got any colder (weather I mean) so pretty sure its not just that causing the issue. Paranoia is kicking in, which is a bit silly as my last car which was a hell of alot younger, used to do it quite alot. But with a new car it is always a concern when something you are not used to starts happening.

I know it could be a multiple of things, but wonder if any of you have any pointers, or should I just stop worrying! :)

I think the Battery is ok, but after doing a search on the forum there was a hint to check the Battery meter when the car had been sitting overnight (will check that tomorrow)

Cheers

Cliff

Similar issues, but I found that 'I think its fired up' and release the key and find that it hasn't started and requires a second attempt. I thinks its just a matter of getting used to the car.

He says *(fingers crossed)*

Try v power!, someone mention on here while ago and it's work on my car.

Silly question, but where would you use it? Is it an oil?

I did the Forte gas treatment to clean the engine last week. It's a little smokey, not sure if the catalytic converters are on their way out.

I had new Battery fitted after I woke up to a dead car less than 24 hours after I bought it. And it's been fine ever since. When it doesn't start, it's not like it's turning over for ages and not firing, it's me releasing the key too early thinking I've heard the engine fire up, when it hasn't

I occasionally have a starting problem and its not the Battery because its only 2 months old and its not always when very cold outside. In the 4 months of ownership its probably happened 4 times or so, but im not worried. i think my last car had similar thing

Hi had my car 7 years and has done this on several occasions if it does not start first time don't keep turning over just turn off and try again this works for me every time i think this a common problem so no real problem

More to it Im afraid :( Started it today and the EML came on and the Traction control light started flashing :( :( :( Car drove ok and I have reset the ECU, have sent away for a error code reader so watch this space on my findings (still loving the car though :D)

Hi had my car 7 years and has done this on several occasions if it does not start first time don't keep turning over just turn off and try again this works for me every time i think this a common problem so no real problem

Yeah this is what I do too, wouldn't mind knowing the issue just out of curiosity...

Stuart you can buy them in halfords, sometimes though they only have plastic ones (which are cr*p)

Plastic screws for front number plate attached, new wiper blades fitted and fluid levels checked.

Cigarette lighter fuse and CD multi changer installed. Still not got the parking sensors working. . . Winter tyres on. Taxed and Insured (okay, I know these two are legal requirements) but I've got to stop spening on this car. I've been lucky and it's only small expenses so far, but I've only had the car three weeks.

Ah more to it! The car has been starting fine since using the better fuel (woo hoo!) BUT! EML came on and the traction control was flashing. Reset the ECU and it went away, but did come back on. I got hold of a OBD11 reader which has given one fault of P1126 Throttle magnetic clutch. Now when this happens there is no difference in the car, so I am hoping it is either a problem with the circuit, or it just needs cleaned up.

Watch this space! :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links