Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow? Its All Over

noby76

re-opened due to popular demand....im not all bad. :)

Really :-) ?? OK will stay out of it now will let matt, transporter & buddy ray go on about how they love my 4 door Supra lol

Haha, that would be funny. But no - no offence, but I don't do car meets anymore. I've been to one car show in the past godknows how many years, and that's only cos my friend from the US was over at the time and is a Cosworth nut, so we went to the RSOC national day at Donnington.

Although if Knobby wants to meet, I've got a friend that works in clinical psychology; I'm sure I could get him looked at for a favourable rate ;)

• Like 1

Could you please quote me where I've said that please, knobend Knobby?

Whatever name you want to call me matt, but would be nice to get it right for once wont it? and why would i ever need clinical psychology? infact clinical psychology will benefit you, tarnsporter and ray. coming up with 'i can put my car in any gear at any time' lol which they all agredd can be done.. like i said try matt try it at 90mph an see if it slots in and if you can drive off after that then 'yes you can' but if not then guess what? 'No you can't'.. make me laugh!!

coming back to this thread i held my hand up and mention i got my predictions wrong and that the snow was not over yet. does that make me human? yes it does..

coming to Supra's just to clarify 98-2002 Supra's came in two forms one with a twin Turbos and one without the Turbos and if i say my car is a 4 doors Supra I am not on about the twin turbo version guys am on about the non-turbo version which has exactly the same drive trains and suspension type as an IS300 but just in a 4 door chasis and slightly raised ride height if this clears things up.

Really :-) ?? OK will stay out of it now will let matt, transporter & buddy ray go on about how they love my 4 door Supra lol

Hmm, you wouldn't be reneging on your word again would you?

Could you please quote me where I've said that please, knobend Knobby?

Whatever name you want to call me matt, but would be nice to get it right for once wont it? and why would i ever need clinical psychology? infact clinical psychology will benefit you, tarnsporter and ray. coming up with 'i can put my car in any gear at any time' lol which they all agredd can be done.. like i said try matt try it at 90mph an see if it slots in and if you can drive off after that then 'yes you can' but if not then guess what? 'No you can't'.. make me laugh!!

coming back to this thread i held my hand up and mention i got my predictions wrong and that the snow was not over yet. does that make me human? yes it does..

coming to Supra's just to clarify 98-2002 Supra's came in two forms one with a twin Turbos and one without the Turbos and if i say my car is a 4 doors Supra I am not on about the twin turbo version guys am on about the non-turbo version which has exactly the same drive trains and suspension type as an IS300 but just in a 4 door chasis and slightly raised ride height if this clears things up.

No, I wouldn't put my car in any gear at 90mph. That would be illegal.

Please quote me where I've said I can put my car in any gear at any time and drive off after that.

Your car is an IS300. Nothing more, nothing less. It's not an IS300 Sport, and it's not a Supra. Hence why you need to see a clinical physiologist - you are very clearly deluded and quite possibly in denial.

PS, you still haven't provided a quote to back this up;

"I can select any gear at any time. Can you do that in your auto?"

above statement from matt on post number #248. so matt since you claim 90mph is not legal will make it easy for you.. try shifting from 5th to 1st gear at the legal speed limit of 70mph and let me know if it slots in. as you claim, all can be done in one go right?? we will need evidence to back up your claim..

name me a part which your IS200 sport has which the IS300 doesnt matt?? once you do that i can name you parts which is in my SPORT IS300 which is not in your IS200 sport.

open pull apart an NA Toyota Supra engine and let me know if it has a part that is not in my IS300 engine if you could confirm a part in an NA supra not in my IS300 i will eat my humble pie.

"I can select any gear at any time. Can you do that in your auto?"

above statement from matt on post number #248. so matt since you claim 90mph is not legal will make it easy for you.. try shifting from 5th to 1st gear at the legal speed limit of 70mph and let me know if it slots in. as you claim, all can be done in one go right?? we will need evidence to back up your claim..

So, which bit of that says "...and can drive away after" ?

name me a part which your IS200 sport has which the IS300 doesnt matt?? once you do that i can name you parts which is in my SPORT IS300 which is not in your IS200 sport.

open pull apart an NA Toyota Supra engine and let me know if it has a part that is not in my IS300 engine if you could confirm a part in an NA supra not in my IS300 i will eat my humble pie.

Oh that's easy. The badge. Want another? The logbook. Anymore? How about the DVLA database? Let's see, my insurance certificate is another. Oh wait, my MOT certificates too. Moving on from the name, here's some other stuff in my IS200 Sport that isn't in your IS300. A six-speed manual gearbox. A 2L engine. Half leather, half alcantara seat trim. Anymore you'd like me to add?

PS, lots of cars have the same engines as each other, this has already been explained to you. The Audi R8 Spyder has the same engine as a Lambo Gallardo LP-560 for example. The Ford F-150 Lightning has the same engine as a Ford GT. The Noble M12 has the same engine as a Mondeo. The Dodge Viper has the same engine as a Peterbilt truck. But the R8 isn't a Gallardo LP-560. The F-150 isn't a GT. The Mondeo is not an M12, and the Viper isn't a Peterbilt. Just like your IS300 isn't a Sport or a Supra.

@matt

so that concludes you cant put select any gear at any time then right because as you confirmed. you will end up breaking your box.

matt all the bits you have named are not bette than what is in the sport IS300.

is the 3litre better than the 2litre ? - Yes

is the A650E gearbox better than the 6 speed manual? - Yes

is full leather better than half leather - Yes

so you have not answered my question. name me something on the IS200 sport which is better or which the IS300 sport lacks??

ok put car chasis aside? what does an auto NA Supra have that my IS300 is lacking. let me guess 2JZ engine?, LSD?, double wishbone suspension, A650E gearbox? infact this box is better than the 4 speed auto found in the Supra.. help me out here matt...like i said chasis aside what does that car have which i dont? so technically is it a Supra in a 4 body chasis?? Yes it is..

Can't believe you re opened this thread. Glad you did tho Ian, brilliant entertainment :)

Gonna buy a big bag of popcorn and some beers and enjoy the long read tonight when I get home at 11 pm :)

The only thing I have to say on this thread is....

Noby you can't call an IS300 a four door Supra! I'm sorry but even my 6 year old nephew knows a Lexus IS300 is not a Toyota Supra even if it has the same engine, gearbox and suspension. It's ludicrous that you still argue that....

@matt

so that concludes you cant put select any gear at any time then right because as you confirmed. you will end up breaking your box.

Incorrect. I can select any gear I want at any speed.

matt all the bits you have named are not bette than what is in the sport IS300.

is the 3litre better than the 2litre ? - Yes

is the A650E gearbox better than the 6 speed manual? - Yes

is full leather better than half leather - Yes

so you have not answered my question. name me something on the IS200 sport which is better or which the IS300 sport lacks??

That wasn't your question. Please learn to read what you actually type. However, in the interest of playing nicely, I'll name you something that's better with the 200 than the 300; the IS200 is actually a Sport. Your IS300 isn't...

As for whats better, that's a matter of opinion. If you want a 2L, then it's better than the 3L. If you want 6 gears, then the manual box is better than the 5speed auto (like wise, if you want a manual box, it's irrelevant how many gears the auto has, as the manual is better). If you want half leather, then it's better than full leather.

Knowing you, you'd like to work on specs and number's, so here's some for you;

- The 2.0L in the 200 is better than the 3.0 in the 300, because the 2.0L makes 76.5bhp per litre. The 2JZ 3.0L only makes 70.33 bhp per litre

- The Sport manual box has 6 forward gears. That's one more than the IS300 (non-Sport) 's auto box.

- Full leather is only one material. Half leather half alcantara is two materials. Such by laws of accumulation, it's better.

Need I go on?

ok put car chasis aside? what does an auto NA Supra have that my IS300 is lacking. let me guess 2JZ engine?, LSD?, double wishbone suspension, A650E gearbox? infact this box is better than the 4 speed auto found in the Supra.. help me out here matt...like i said chasis aside what does that car have which i dont? so technically is it a Supra in a 4 body chasis?? Yes it is..

Interesting. You ask a question, get put bang to rights, so change your question. It's also interesting you have been harping on about your car being a Supra with a 4dr chassis, but now say put the chassis aside? Can't help but envision the sinking ship you're in. Here, this will help you;

stock-photo-448807-life-ring-04.jpg

Can't believe you re opened this thread. Glad you did tho Ian, brilliant entertainment :)

Gonna buy a big bag of popcorn and some beers and enjoy the long read tonight when I get home at 11 pm :)

The only thing I have to say on this thread is....

Noby you can't call an IS300 a four door Supra! I'm sorry but even my 6 year old nephew knows a Lexus IS300 is not a Toyota Supra even if it has the same engine, gearbox and suspension. It's ludicrous that you still argue that....

OOOERR more fuel to the fire Nice one :hocus-pokus:

@ matt

if you claim you can select any gear at any speed then please please send us evidence of slotting your into 1st gear at 70mph..

every one one here including yourself knows any thing IS300 is better than the IS200 so your argument is flawed my friend.

matt take oll the mechanical parts i have in my car and slot it into a Supra chasis and see if it wont go as fast as one which already comes from the factory now do you beleive a Supra with my mechanical parts will be as fast and handle as one which already comes from factory?? if you dont can you explain to us why?

Thanks, but I really don't feel the need to prove something I already know.

Matter of opinion. Some think Pepsi is better than Coke. Personally, I prefer Coke, so I think it's better.

All the mechanical parts in your car won't fit in a Supra. Because they're different cars. If you were to take a Supra and try and fit all your mechanical parts, it wouldn't be as fast or handle as well. In fact, it'd be a death trap and I wouldn't get in it. But if you were to just swap over the engine alone, the Supra would be slower than it was with it's own engine. Why? Cos the naturally aspirated Supra makes more power than the engine in your car. (220bhp in the Supra, 211 in your car)

Really? You, of all people, that quote power figures, and go on about doing little mods like air filers, fuel additives, etc, are now poo-pooing a horsepower increase?

Dear oh dear oh dear...

Forget the life ring, you need this;

penlee-lifeboat.jpg

matt an Auto NA Supra has around 150bhp per ton even with 2 doors to its name so are you telling me it will pull 5 cars lenghts on a 140bhp per ton IS300 with pretty much equal tourque figure, eqaul engine and better auto transmission? think again matt.. a mechanic tuner once told me with all things being equal between two cars, one will need around 30bhp per ton more to go a second quicker.so trust me matt there no no difference between the 4 Door Supra(IS300) and the 2 door Supra.

" If you were to take a Supra and try and fit all your mechanical parts, it wouldn't be as fast or handle as well."

What?? can you elaborate on this

What? Who mentioned 5 car lengths or even a figure of measurement? Are you just making things up now? (BTW, the engines aren't equal - the engine in the Supra is more powerful. That's why the Supra is a Supra, and an IS300 isn't) (PS, can you provide me your doctorite or qualification to prove to me you have the education to say you need 30bhp per tonne to go 1 second quicker) (PPS, can you also put that "1 second quicker" into context please. Do you mean in terms of space time? As according to the atomic clock or something?) (PPPS, oh and trust me knobby, there is no 4dr Supra)

As for elaborate, sorry I thought I had already been clear;

All the mechanical parts in your car won't fit in a Supra. Because they're different cars. If you were to take a Supra and try and fit all your mechanical parts, it wouldn't be as fast or handle as well. In fact, it'd be a death trap and I wouldn't get in it.

so as you confirmed there will be nothing in 150bhp and 140bhp cars on the road then?

and no you have not elaborated so dont try to avoid the question. will help you out matt as i always do..

will the 2JZ-GE engine from an IS300 fit into a Supra? Yes

will the better gearbox from the IS300 fir into a Supra? Yes(with slight fabrication)

so again can you elaborate on which mechanical parts will not fit into the Supra and why would it be a death trap?? maybe it would if the conversion is done by you lol ..

so as you confirmed there will be nothing in 150bhp and 140bhp cars on the road then?

I've confirmed there will be a 10bhp difference between the two. Now, using the laws of physics, we can both conclude the car with more power (providing we are comparing two identical cars) will be faster than the car with less horsepower. Unless of course you are saying the laws of physics are wrong?

and no you have not elaborated so dont try to avoid the question. will help you out matt as i always do..

will the 2JZ-GE engine from an IS300 fit into a Supra? Yes

will the better gearbox from the IS300 fir into a Supra? Yes(with slight fabrication)

Yes, I have elaborated, and haven't avoided the question. The question you asked was "If I take all of the mechanical parts from my IS300 and put them in a Supra", and I've answered you twice now that all of the mechanical parts from your IS300 won't fit in a Toyota Supra BECAUSE THEY ARE DIFFERENT CARS. As such, the Supra you've tried to fit the mechanical parts from your IS300 to will be unsafe and as a result, won't handle safely, let alone better. I don't know how to make it any clearer, without recommending you go back to junior school?

so again can you elaborate on which mechanical parts will not fit into the Supra and why would it be a death trap?? maybe it would if the conversion is done by you lol ..

Given the juvenility of your attempt to get a rise from me, I won't give you the satisfaction of an answer. Try harder next time please :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links