Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Tyres Do You Have On Your Pride And Joy

I currently have a set of 245/50/17 Bridgstone Potenza runflat tyres with about 4.5mm of tread which came with a set of DHP wheels that I bought recently.

I find them very hard, noisy and they take a long time to get up to running temperature particularly in the cold weather we have had recently, though they have been good in the snow.

I don't do mega miles and have decided to go for a slightly narrower width as there is more choice.

I am considering going for a full set of Falken ZE914's which seem to be great value for money at £94 or so (plus fitting) for a mid-range budget tyre. I have a set of Falken 452's on my V8 MGB and they are very grippy.

Just interested in what others views are.

I currently have a set of 245/50/17 Bridgstone Potenza runflat tyres with about 4.5mm of tread which came with a set of DHP wheels that I bought recently.

I find them very hard, noisy and they take a long time to get up to running temperature particularly in the cold weather we have had recently, though they have been good in the snow.

I don't do mega miles and have decided to go for a slightly narrower width as there is more choice.

I am considering going for a full set of Falken ZE914's which seem to be great value for money at £94 or so (plus fitting) for a mid-range budget tyre. I have a set of Falken 452's on my V8 MGB and they are very grippy.

The Falkens are the ones I use and they are quiet get good mileage from them and if you buy from http://www.camskill.co.uk/m62b747s424p97846/Falken_Tyres_Car_Falken_ZE912_Ziex_Falken_ZE_912_-_225_60_R16_98W_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_G_Wet_Grip%3A_C_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_70dB/RS_GB

they are £83-70 a corner. I have used these guys for mine the wifes and my sons car and they are great. Mike

Had Falkens 452 on my BMW, they were pretty rubbish and overhyped. Appeard to me as a premium budget tyre!

Contis for me though.

I think the Vreds were much better than the Falkens though,

Vredstein Wintrac Extreme have served me very well year round: quiet and comfortable; grippy and lasted over 24000 miles at approximately £100 per corne (size: standard 17 etc., etc.. )It is true that they are limited to 130mph but this is not a major problem for me especially since I have not been on the autobahn recently...

The Falkens are I understand made by Dunlops and are a direct replacement for the Dunlop tyres originally fitted to the LS 400 according to one of the more learned members of LOC.

I have never found any problem with them The only reason I get any road noise is because we have to drive on such bloody awful roads. When I drive on the continent where roads are smooth Lexie is as quiet as she was designed to be.

I did read somewhere that the reason we have such noisy roads is to slow us down, the faster you go the more road noise you get.

Mike

hi

Dhp alloys and runflats and bridgstones are not a good combination and will give a hard noisy ride

I have just got rid of bridgestones from my LS430 as they were too noisy and hard and replaced them with continentals.

I have continentals on my Mark 4 aswell and was happy with them

Bluesman hi .......... .. I think they have gone one stage further now ......... it's policy never to repair potholes :whistling:

Malc

Your bang on there. £4billion in road tax alone and the roads are worse than a third world country.

Mike

I have always found Bridgestones noisy on any Lexus I have been in, and also on Omegas in distant past.

Generally found Pirelli and and Continentals good.

Have to replace fronts myself soon, so not sure which way to go, but I do find the road surfaces in UK are so varied that the Lexus can go from being as quite as a baby's bedroom to as noisy as Asda on Christmas Eve on some roads.

As for potholes, the fact that I can feel them makes me wonder how the heck people in lesser cars actually are not reporting broken backs on their commute to work.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links