Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member From Lancs

craiglancs

Hi all,

Just bought an is300 saloon last thurs, never had an auto before, but have had a 2jz before in the NA supra i used to own,i'm loving that straight 6 tone again :)

Previous cars include,

200sx s13 just sold,

2 x celica gt4's

an NA supra mk4,

mr2,

So have now come back to the Toyota family in the shape of an is300 saloon.

Anything to be wary of etc?

Need some advice using this club site as well as it appears harder to use than the normal vbb of sxoc, gt4oc, mkivsupra etc.....

Cheers

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

If you want to post up some pictures feel free, click on the "More Reply Options" box next to the 'Post" box and you can upload and post from your files etc. Just keep the file sizes down please.

Cheers people.

Need advice on cambelt tho, cars done 71k, 8 yrs old, is it correct that the service book says 100k ?

Also, i have been given 2 keys but only one works for the rcl/immobiliser etc. Is it main dealer only at £200+ ? If so i won't be getting a spare :D

Cambelt. There have been a couple of threads about this. Some books say 100k, some say 60k. I think Lexus changed it to 60k after some issues.

I was told by Lexus that my SportCross should've two cambelt changes, yet mine hadn't had one!

Right, cambelt imminent then.

Key, when i press the buttons the light won't come on, is it beggered?

Other questions,

1. are the rear lights the same as is200 as my drivers side has a crack.

2. Are the exhaust rear pipes/silencers same as is200? As I've seen a blitz nur spec back box listed for the 200 in some places but 200 and 300 in others?

3. What would be a nice intake system tl go on it?

Cheers

I can answer 2 of your questions lol

Lights are the same yes :)

Sounds like the Battery in your key had gone. Unscrew the casing pop the old Battery out and in with a new see if that works.

No idea about exhaust or intake system for a 300 sorry.... I'm sure somebody will answer.

Lights coming on when you press the key fob. Do you mean the interior lights? I was stumped when mine didn't turn on, but the interior lights between the front and rear seats, there is a button marked on, off, door. It's this light that comes on when you unlock the doors, not the front interior lights.

If this is only the SportCross, I apologise in advance.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-2005-Lexus-IS300-GS300-Factory-Timing-Belt-Kit-/390401941712?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae5c4e0d0

this looks good value for money... Oe equipment. Plus a bit of delivery and possible customs chg still might be less than 200.

How much would it be at a UK main dealer?

As for lights sorry i meant the led on the actual key fob wont light up when buttons pressed even tho it has a brand new battery in it!

Ah, not sure sorry. Possibly a loose connection. If the fob is actually opening the door, then the Battery is fine. Either way, it should be a not really a problem. Where are you to with the pics?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links