Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

£250 Buy It Now Mk3 With Mk4 Wheels

Got 275k on the clock but its got to be worth that for the wheels alone although pictures can lie. Plenty of pictures but all the same.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS400-1995-LPG-4-0litre-V8-/271156842006?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f22350e16

Mike

Would be worth it for parts i guess.

4 new tyres would be about the price he asks.

Use the engine / gearbox to make a trike (wife is watching me as i type this so i hope she gets my idea :flowers: )

Certainly worth it for parts, although my MK2 sold for £350 with only 130k on the clock and running well. I guess these cars just aren't worth much (fortunately for us!)

He sounds as though hes just desperate to get rid of it. Mike

Would be worth it for parts i guess.

4 new tyres would be about the price he asks.

Use the engine / gearbox to make a trike (wife is watching me as i type this so i hope she gets my idea :flowers: )

Trike, I like your thinking. Mike

Going,going GONE! ( no not me this time!)

How about this one?

http://www.ebay.co.u...c654147c&_uhb=1

I do think i would have gone for that if i'd known, would have been fine for parts and an even bigger trike. Wifey didn't say no so i guess with more niceties i may be in there.

RJI5419 was my first LS400 but it wont be my last Lexus!

Unfortunately, had to sell it due to not having enough time or the expertise to sort out the broken window and I needed a car in a rush for work.

Spent loads on it last year for MoT - it had two new front cats, new rear discs and four new tyres that had only done around 5,000 miles on the M4 and A49 so was gutted to let it go.

Luckily, the guy that took it for £250 decided to mess me about so put it back up for £400 and it's just gone again!

If this sale falls through, I would be happy to let it go here for the same price - I'm being as honest as I can with the description but will happily answer any questions you may have on welmaf@yahoo.co.uk

RJI5419 was my first LS400 but it wont be my last Lexus!

Unfortunately, had to sell it due to not having enough time or the expertise to sort out the broken window and I needed a car in a rush for work.

Spent loads on it last year for MoT - it had two new front cats, new rear discs and four new tyres that had only done around 5,000 miles on the M4 and A49 so was gutted to let it go.

Luckily, the guy that took it for £250 decided to mess me about so put it back up for £400 and it's just gone again!

If this sale falls through, I would be happy to let it go here for the same price - I'm being as honest as I can with the description but will happily answer any questions you may have on welmaf@yahoo.co.uk

What is it with these idiots that go for a buy it now £250 and then start messing you around, I do hope you left him with a nice Negative in Feedback. Mike

Mike, I have to assume a little bit of responsibility here - I listed an 18 yr old 270,000 mile car on eBay and neglected to tell the guy that it wasn't A1 and showroom condition (apparently)...

Most of you saw the listing, I think even the very basic £250 one (prior to revising it for the £400 auction) was fair and just...

Ah well, part of me is hoping that the current sale falls through so that I can try and get someone on here to take it - someone who knows how much car they're getting for the money! :geek:

Mike, I have to assume a little bit of responsibility here - I listed an 18 yr old 270,000 mile car on eBay and neglected to tell the guy that it wasn't A1 and showroom condition (apparently)...

Most of you saw the listing, I think even the very basic £250 one (prior to revising it for the £400 auction) was fair and just...

Ah well, part of me is hoping that the current sale falls through so that I can try and get someone on here to take it - someone who knows how much car they're getting for the money! :geek:

They never cease to amaze me. Good luck with the latest sale hopefully someone on here will see for the bargain it is. By the way is the leather spotless and in pristine condition? Mike

Let down by an eBayer on this - yet again!

Very eager to 'Buy it Now' - not heard anything since!

Very explicit instructions in listing (and repeated on invoice) to pay by a certain deadline, which has now passed with no further contact from the buyer.

Anyone interested in it at the previously advertised 'Buy it Now' of £400? I'm going to relist it (for the 5th time!) in the next few minutes...

Watch out for the eBayer lexus_ls400. It should have been a warning when he only had 4 feedback...

Let down by an eBayer on this - yet again!

Very eager to 'Buy it Now' - not heard anything since!

Very explicit instructions in listing (and repeated on invoice) to pay by a certain deadline, which has now passed with no further contact from the buyer.

Anyone interested in it at the previously advertised 'Buy it Now' of £400? I'm going to relist it (for the 5th time!) in the next few minutes...

Watch out for the eBayer lexus_ls400. It should have been a warning when he only had 4 feedback...

When I rarely sell a car on eBay I always stipulate 10 feedbacks or less don't bother and I always cancel their bids, any negative feedback in the last year don't bother and I always cancel their bids and put them on banned bidders list. If they do want to bid with those problems contact me and because I have a facility for taking Credit Card (my business) I take credit card details and I make sure the card given can take what I think the car will go for and if it doesn't well you know the action by now.

I feel for you because eBay has become a pain in the backside place to buy and sell and if those nutters weren't around it would be brilliant.

Good luck with the third attempt.

Mike

The wonderful "buy it now" issue, simple tip.

Do not bother with it.

I have and had the same crap, despite stipulating rules for the BIN sale, you will always get some lowlife who just wrecks your sale, whether for fun or plain stupidity.

Only thing to do is report them to eBay and give them negative feedback, if they get enough bad reports they will get banned and the negative feedback should help others in seeing what they are like as a buyer before they get that inevitable ban. Nothing to stop them setting up a new account to do it again though.

And on the subject of wheels for a Mk3, on eBay at this moment i have 3 wheels for sale at auction, would be nice to see them go to a forum member who will use them.

(sorry to hijack your post with the sale bit, will buy you a few beers if we get to meet up)

And on the subject of wheels for a Mk3, on Ebay at this moment i have 3 wheels for sale at auction, would be nice to see them go to a forum member who will use them.

(sorry to hijack your post with the sale bit, will buy you a few beers if we get to meet up)

On the related subject of Chris' wheels for a Mk3, I have a very cheap Mk3 on LPG to go with them... :devil: (Post hi-jacked back!)

Do not bother with it.

I have and had the same crap, despite stipulating rules for the BIN sale, you will always get some lowlife who just wrecks your sale, whether for fun or plain stupidity.

Only thing to do is report them to Ebay and give them negative feedback, if they get enough bad reports they will get banned and the negative feedback should help others in seeing what they are like as a buyer before they get that inevitable ban. Nothing to stop them setting up a new account to do it again though.

And on the subject of wheels for a Mk3, on Ebay at this moment i have 3 wheels for sale at auction, would be nice to see them go to a forum member who will use them.

I should have said that I only ever auction list and wont entertain any buy it now where cars are concerned. Mike

Sold my first LS on eBay. The highest bidder contacted me to say he changed his mind (so why bid?)

I then put it on as a buy it now where it sold within a couple of hours to a dealer who was excellent, so it can work.

Sold my first LS on ebay. The highest bidder contacted me to say he changed his mind (so why bid?)

I then put it on as a buy it now where it sold within a couple of hours to a dealer who was excellent, so it can work.

It is a real shame that its spoilt by a few idiots. I don't know why eBay don't have Debit/Credit cards on file so that payment can be taken. There is a lot more they could do but they cant be bothered. Mike

Sold my first LS on ebay. The highest bidder contacted me to say he changed his mind (so why bid?)

It is a real shame that its spoilt by a few idiots. I don't know why eBay don't have Debit/Credit cards on file so that payment can be taken. There is a lot more they could do but they cant be bothered. Mike

I think you're right Mike, they just can't be bothered!

BTW, Bluesman, ever seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsBCfv1rmhs

Do not bother with it.

Only thing to do is report them to Ebay and give them negative feedback, if they get enough bad reports they will get banned and the negative feedback should help others in seeing what they are like as a buyer before they get that inevitable ban. Nothing to stop them setting up a new account to do it again though.

The most stupid thing fleabay ever did was stop sellers giving neutral or negative feedback to buyers or even bad positive, There is no comeback for buyers as fleabay don't give a hoot plus you have to wait weeks to get your fees back.

Do not bother with it.

The most stupid thing fleabay ever did was stop sellers giving neutral or negative feedback to buyers or even bad positive, There is no comeback for buyers as fleabay don't give a hoot plus you have to wait weeks to get your fees back.

And so people leave negative feedback ticking the positive box, what's that all about?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links