Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Front Brake Squeal

Hi

I have a Squeal comming from the front brakes when at slow speed till stopped, including reversing!!

New Disks and Pads just fitted no problems before the new fitted parts.

Now frustrated and annoyed.

In that case why not take it back to the person/dealer that fitted them. If there was no squeal before than you have cause and effect and now need cure. In theory, at least, you should not be charged although doubtless excuses will be to hand.

As DR says if you have paid to have the job done and there is now a problem which wasn't there before take it back to them.

There are lots of causes but generally the type of pads, anti squeal shims,lack of grease on the pads/shims.

Did you have OEM or after market parts fitted?

Why would you want to do this yourself? - Surely the work you have had done is covered by warranty?

At worse it should be fixed for free, at best you should get some kind of refund!

Hi

I did go back to the garage (not Lexus) he has had another look and told me they were NOT the OEM at that price !!!!!!!

But said that there was a number of anti squeal shims missing, he new ? after upset both ways, he said that I would have to buy a new set and HE would fit them at a charge(cheeky sod)

So now I have no choice but to have a friend to fit them when I purchase.

I have used the garage a number of years no complaints, never mind.

Any way my good wife has broken the Key Fob and we only have 1 so I looked around the local car key supliers but none carry them

I have no look do I ?? no dowt when I go to Lexus the price is going to kill me for Key Fob, a spare Key and a set of shims.

Hi

I did go back to the garage (not Lexus) he has had another look and told me they were NOT the OEM at that price !!!!!!!

But said that there was a number of anti squeal shims missing, he new ? after upset both ways, he said that I would have to buy a new set and HE would fit them at a charge(cheeky sod)

So now I have no choice but to have a friend to fit them when I purchase.

I have used the garage a number of years no complaints, never mind.

Any way my good wife has broken the Key Fob and we only have 1 so I looked around the local car key supliers but none carry them

I have no look do I ?? no dowt when I go to Lexus the price is going to kill me for Key Fob, a spare Key and a set of shims.

Seems a disreputable garage that would try that stunt. Try getting another garage to fit them and then sue the first one - it admits parts are missing so....

Key fobs from Lexus are about £45 - the blade and electronics are transferable assuming she has not trodden on it and destroyed them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links