Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, I have a mk4 1998 LS400 and have not refreshed the Sat Nav since new. Was wondering if I can do this myself or if it is main dealer only. If it is main delaer only, anyone know how much it costs?

Thanks for the help in advance

It is my understanding that this is a system download performed by the dealer at a cost of approximately $299 USD. New versions typically come out in October/November.

You just change the cd in the nav unit in the boot. You have to remove 2 screws to enable it tilt up to access the front. There is a lock mechanism that you slide to one side to eject the existing cd. All you then do is insert the new cd and away you go. All the software updates are on the new cd and are auto loaded on insertion. I always find it useful to make a backup copy and use that, this keeps the original expensive cd safe. As to wheather it is a worthwhile exercise or not, the answer is yes, versions before 3xx where useless, anything ver3 onwards have much better software, and also include steet numbers. Dealer prices vary, may be as well to ring round, about £130 is average.

Lift up the cover to reveal the spare wheel.

Lift up another cover on the LHS of the spare wheel.

I don't have two screws, I have two locking mechanisms to hold down the unit.

RHS cover has mobile phone connector.

Hi - i'm after a more recent CD (UK) for my '97 satnav - if anyone out there will sell me a copy i'd be grateful. I'm told by my local Lexus dealer that they only usually update every 2 years and they brought one out last year Oct '02 so maybe no new one this year?

There is a sat nav department at Lexus that you can ring to get the latest version numbers and also to a loan disc, either a European country if you are going on holiday or the UK one so you can see if the latest one if worth purchasing etc. No charge for the loan, you just have to send it back via recorded delivery.

I will post the phone number later as I don't have it to hand at the moment.

The dvd version is, of course, the whole of Europe. The old LS400 Cd version is just UK. Yes borrowing the cd's from Lexus is great and yes it's tempting to burn a copy. Interesting to know that speaking to Lexus dealers the commonest fault they have to fix on the cd units is extracting copied cd's!!

"speaking to Lexus dealers the commonest fault they have to fix on the cd units is extracting copied cd's!! "

Actually, speaking to my local used car salesman, the most common complaint he hears, is people complaining about his competitor across the road.

Alan, these disks are dedicated to one particular nav unit, the Lexus one is made by Denso. There are plenty other makes, but the disks are not usually compatable. As to putting a nav disk in in a cd player, this is a futile exercise, a bit like trying to play a dvd movie in an audio player, sorry ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links