Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Bearing Noise

deandavy

My is200 has developed a bearing rattle but only under load sounds like its coming from drive belt area but only when under throttle,

Gotta admit it was dark when I noticed it and I'm at work until sat befor I get a chance to get out in the light and check just wondered if anyone else had come across a similar issue just seems weird that it only sounds under load

Dean

it could be anything that make those annoying squeeking sound that drive you mad everytime the window down :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

steering wheel pully started making sound as well :glare:

need to get under there and look where the sound actually came from.

Check the water pump. mine had a noise when i bought it coming from glove box area. bearing, grinding motor type noise. Easier to notice when at idle. Found out it was the water pump. try using a metal screw driver and touch the water pump and feel for vibrations in sync with the noise. also try same method with other parts. also put your ear to the screw driver....

Thanks for the reply Pete iv jus taken it to the mechanic behind my shop I work with automotive parts n I originally thought it was the tensioner/idler for the timing belt which they have just confirmed so trying to get it booked in for 2moro as I hate taking chances

Dean

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links