Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi folks,

Could anyone tell me if the standard alarm and immobiliser on a year 2000 LS400 is Thatcham approved or not?

Every insurance company says it is when i get a quote from them, but i dont think it is.

Thanks folks

Keith

Thanks mate, just looked on the site and the top section says Cat1 for a 2000 ls and the lower section says Cat2! :msn-oh:

Either will do for a quote, thanks again mate.

Keith

I will give them a try now Mark, thanks mate.

To let you know whats happening with this....

I arranged cover through L&V and their rate was excellent.

When the policy docs arrived yesterday thay had down on them that i purchased this car in 2002. Now patently that was incorrect, and when i rang them to inform them of that fact and that i had bought the car on the 3/3/2013, they first quizzed me if the car had a tracker fitted, and kept me waiting for nearly 10 minutes while they discussed the fact that it didnt with an underwriter as they said that they insisted on one being fitted.

When they decided that I didnt need one after all, they said that as I had only just bought the car they wanted an extra £269 because I wasnt used to driving this car! I told em to stick it, and they were going to listen to the call when i bought the cover to see how this mistake happened, and see if they would waive the extra charge!

Oh and they should have rung me back this afternoon. I just rang them and apparently they are still in the process of listening to the tapes.

Will let you know what happens.

Cheers

Keith

They rang me just before nine, to tell me that they had listened to the tape, and agreed that the date of purchase was never mentioned, but said that they had to have got it from somewhere, so insisted hat they wanted the extra £269 premium, approx an extra 70%!

Needless to say they got the message to refund my premium right away, and that I would never consider insuring with them again, after such a rip off attempt.

There was a bit of spluttering on the other side, and then an agreement to pay back the money I had paid in full.

Tossers.

Anyway I found a cheaper place, and will ring the two Mark suggested tomorrow, as they were closed tonight.

Anyway still insured until the 2nd so no hurry to get new insurance. Tomorrow will do just fine.

Cheers

Keith

I had all this alarm issues with Direct Line a few years ago, but once sorted and logged on their records all was okay. Mind you spent 30 minutes on the phone while they had to rummage around in their computers to get someone to tick the right box.

However on the insurance front, might be worth trying John Lewis, the missus has got a good deal on her Honda, and so in 3 months I'll be checking them out for the Lexus.

I did try Sky in the past, but found Saga and Direct Line about the same price.

I only do about 9K to 10K a year so premiums generally a bit lower.

I was with LV when I had my GS300 and when I called them to enquire about any increase in premium for an LS400 they said it would be unlikely.

I then bought my LS and would you believe LV would not insure it without a Tracker fitted, needless to say I am no longer insured with LV and my LS does not have a tracker fitted!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links