Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ok - We've had a bit of a side step in the mileage matters department.

I'm doing about 200+ miles per day and have gone for budget (If you can call £130 each) tyres. So what are you using and how much did they cost. I'm interested to know because I couldn't get any thing near £130 for a brand tyre for my rears.

I've got ZR rated Ventus Plus all round 235x35x18 at the front and 275x35x18's at the rear.

What's yours?

i HAVE PIRRELI P ZEROS ON mine at £170 each so would be very keen on a cheaper tyre that do,s not compromise safty and handling .The pirrelis have done 10,000 miles nearly and are due to be replaced on the front.Tyres are 18,s all round .

Guess its only me that has Simex Rears then?? and Kumo Fronts... fronts were an emergency measure as I found I was running well through both belts due to tracking being well out. then the rears are a set I am trying for my local fitter. Gave me them at £100 pair. but I don't thnk you'll find them on market for that yet.... :shifty:

Simex Make the best off road tyres for comp safari and have an excellent Reputation. THe ones Ove got are quiet, grip well and make very pretty smoke rings.

Oh, they are allround 235/35 17 zr rated or is it H now... faster than me anyway!

I've got an IS200 and it cost me something like £120 ish for Dunlop SP9000s at Kwick Fit in Slough

Why do people use Kwick Fit? Shop around and you will get better deals.

Sorry Claire but if you went to Bracknell Tyre and Battery (which is only a few miles away from Slough) they would have cost £91.59 inc. valve, balance, fitting and VAT for the same tyre (SP9000 215/45x17)

....enter, separate thread for "how shyte are kwick fit"

well for a start they snapped my locking lexus (toyota) wheel nut. had to remove them all with special tool and then buy me a new set at £40. NOt good. I only went there to get a tyre repaired as it had a nail and was new....

never go back. they are so bad they have a customer service poster up romthe CHeif exec saying basically, " you know we shafted you for years, we got found out so now tell us if you've found out our new ways to shaft you, otherwise go home none the wiser, suckker!"

Loz

i HAVE PIRRELI P ZEROS ON mine at £170 each so would be very keen on a cheaper tyre that do,s not compromise safty and handling .The pirrelis have done 10,000 miles nearly and are due to be replaced on the front.Tyres are 18,s all round .

Mudz

The tyres I have on the front have done 20,000 miles and show little wear apart from the inside edge (tracking was out). Seem to offer lots of grip, not had any understeer yet. Though they are a budget tyre over here, they seem to be a mainstream tyre in Canada and do seem to get good reviews.

The rears have been on for 10,000 and have worn on the inside edge, but this is probably down to the tracking, toe-in, toe-out that I have just had sorted. Apart from this edge the rest of the tyre is wearing very well.

I'd expect to get 30,000-40,000 out of the fronts and 20,000-30,000 out of the rears from the way the tyre has been wearing in general.

On a linked note, have you found your tryres wearing unevenly, especially the 10" rears? :whistling:

Me thinks it is time to swap brands as 10,000m is not enough out of mine.Fronts are wearing unevenly but rear fine but i only have 18,s on rear as first owner to tight to buy the 10" rears :angry: .I have tried to source the rears but cheapest i have found was £500 with knackerd tyres and i think they make the car look so much better .

I've got an IS200 and it cost me something like £120 ish for Dunlop SP9000s at Kwick Fit in Slough

Why do people use Kwick Fit? Shop around and you will get better deals.

Sorry Claire but if you went to Bracknell Tyre and Battery (which is only a few miles away from Slough) they would have cost £91.59 inc. valve, balance, fitting and VAT for the same tyre (SP9000 215/45x17)

I know what you mean Colin, we use Bracknell Tyre and Exhaust for my hubbie's car. Mine's a lease car so I have to go where they tell me to go and they pick up the bill.

running Mille Miglia Action 19" with TOYO T1's 245/35 and the car's handling is much improved....dropping her next perhaps 50mm............no more road noise and not much more bump indication and excellent value rubber too

Go on!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links