Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New From Kent

RickUK

Hello! Most spontaneous thing I ever done Monday night. First one on piston heads I clicked on, liked it, took it home Tuesday night.

IS300 2003 67k on the clock. So happy with it, so comfortable and quiet!

Here's some photos I've took of it (attached).

It's got a few niggles but owner was very honest and made me aware of it. It always starts, but takes up to 5 seconds when it's cold, it's instant otherwise. I know that's not long but feels like forever while cranking over. Couldn't find a definite answer for this?

Headlight washer cap with the rubber funnel has come off in the recent snow. I thing I have to just reattach that by removing the front bumper?

Noticed a bulb out near 120mph on the dial, but I think I'm going to have to pick up a Haines manual which will hopefully answer that.

Let me know what you think?

Ricky

Welcome to the club, Looks very nice does that. Haynes don't do a manual for lexus IS. There's a cd on e-bay though, used to be free online but they took it down.

You can still find links for free ones but its impossible to find individual items as it's all un-named pdf files.

• Like 1

Good looking specimen - at 67k it's just about run-in. :shifty:

With a black car you'll need to keep the sponge and bucket handy at all times.

Hope you get things sorted. Has it got a good service history?

There's plenty of service history, apart from the service book itself has gone missing. Cambelt, water pump, and other bits already done

Thanks for the useful comments, ordered the workshop manual off eBay and just put in some premium unleaded, see if there's an improvement

Ricky

See it Monday, buy it Tuesday, break it Saturday, oops.

Gearbox leaked all of its oil.

Oh also, after using The premium fuel^ starting in the cold mornings is flawless!

post-46572-0-73856500-1364382659_thumb.j

This is puzzling. Why would a gearbox go on a IS?

Depends on how long it was running without oil.

When was the last service done according to Lexus?

Did the seller have a go at some sort of service themselves and then forgot to top up the auto oil -or worse drained the oil and forgot to replace it?

Not sure if Ricky had a pool of oil under his car or if he just realised that it had disappeared.

Perhaps it was never there in the first place. Wouldn't the system flag this up as an alarm warning?

The gearbox started leaking after i put my foot down and then drove it back, there was a little bit of oil left when rac picked it up and the gearbox is still as smooth as it always was.

I've been told its a seal between the something, and the torque something.. he said it could be because the gearbox has overpressurised, if we just change the seal it could go again almost straight away, can't find out if it was overpressurised unless he opens up the box, if he's opening up the box then they might as well recondition it...

Oh there was a warning light but not related, rac said probably because oil splashed on the sensor.

Does that make any sense?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links