Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My First Service....

I'm going to be servicing my IS200 this weekend and getting the parts this week.

On Eurocarparts they have a 25% discount so I can get an air filter, oil filter, fully synthetic oil and NGK spark plugs for £80 delivered.

Do you guys think that's a decent price for those parts?

Also, is there any reason why those spark plugs are highly recommended over others that are cheaper?

Thanks people....

Yeah the spark plugs are £9 each but you get a good discount once you put it all together...

The filters are from crosland, miyako and hengst... I have no idea if any of those are any good, what do you think?

What difference does changing the pollen filter make... Excuse my ignorance ;)

Yeah Valvoline Ive heard its pretty good even tho its a bit cheaper. but personally ide still use Mobil1 or Castrol Edge for peace of mind. there prob isnt much of a difference tho lol

You will definitely feel a difference. The engine will run smoother and quieter and be more responsive especially if its over due like mine! lol. Im going to use a K&N air filter in mine which should make it sound a bit better too

Any advice... just went out to the car and there seems to be a patch near the front drivers side wheel... i touched it and it seemed like oil, but its clear and transparent....

Wondering if its from my car and what it could be, opened the bonnet and i cant see anything obvious, checked the oil and water etc they all seem fine?

Any ideas?

If its oil it will be very obvious as it makes the colourful patterns on the ground and will stain black. Check the shocks for leaks and brake lines. It may even be washer fluid as pluming goes to headlights.

My neighbour who is a mechanic has just had a look... he has in the past done things that were not needed in my opinion but im not a mechanic.... he has just said its the Crankshaft oil seal, said he could do it for £50 including the part....

Im not sure i want to let him loose on my Lexus though... does that sound plausible?

Im no expert when it comes to the mechanic side of things but the worst type of mechanic is one you cant trust. Not many good honest mechanics about these days even tho its will make them more money in the long run.

First of all try and find out on here the crankshaft oil seal could be the prob for sure and then find out how long it would take someone to fix. £50 sounds a bit steep to me. that include parts? whats his hourly rate?

Yeah he did say to me he had to take the belts etc off, he said he can do it including the seal and labour for £50...

I might just get him to do it then... there is definitely oil where my car was sitting.

If it was the crankshaft oil seal, the oil leaking out would not be colourless, and to do the crankshaft oil seal is a big job, Is this the mechanic you mentioned on another thread a while ago?

Have you checked the power steering fluid? ps valvoline fully synthetic is the oil i use and its fine.

The patch on the floor is black from the oil that has leaked out... it is the same mechanic yes, he has done other jobs for me and he has done them well... its because i know nothing about cars im never too sure if its correct, but i can see for myself there is oil on the ground.

Power steering fluid looks fine,

Yeah i just asked him to show me and he pointed to the place and wiped and there was oil there... Im kind of thinking he;s being honest. im sure Lexus would charge a lot more for the same job ;-)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links