Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys

Ive always had the Lexus Ls models and currently have an ls400. But ive seen a nice 53 reg Gs430. What are they like to drive? Are they as reliable as an ls400, and what should i look out for????

Thanks

Same engine as LS430. Really nice drive but will be a harder ride than your LS. Had mine for nearly 5 years and still enjoy it. Full service history is important, I always prefer full main dealer history, general condition of car........ and 53 plate will need cambelt changing if not already done........had belt and tensioner done on mine in November (as car was 10 yrs old even though only 65000 miles) with service at Lexus Lincoln and it came to around £600 I think.

I have had 3 GS430's and 3 GS300 and they have all been superb drives and ultra reliable - I had them all from new BTW.

My current one is on a '53 with 48k miles and I have just had the belts done.

As with any car though you are buying the seller. Most people will treat their cars well in this part of the market though.

Enjoy

B

• 5 weeks later...

I have a 2001 GS430 SE. Goes like stink, comfortable but does not wallow, cracking car, fo for it.

Yeah, I would "fo for it too"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Meanwhile, you guys must live in petrol stations.

"Meanwhile, you guys must live in petrol stations."

Fuel consumption on my late 2002 GS430 is virtually the same as my previous 1996 Gs300 Sport.

As much as i didnt like my ls430, on a run from.Birmingham to Dorset i was getting 38.1 mpg and locally i was getting around 24 mpg

Were those figures obtained by brimfills or obc? Whilst my obc has proved to be extremely accurate I still check the figures when I refuel, easy to do since I only ever brimfill.

Well soon as the fuel light comes on, i used to fill up the car with £80 v power fuel. I tried never to drive it on reserve. But yeah i was getting good mpg out of it. But i prefer the ls400, thats the only reason i sold it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links