Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is300 Keys

Cheers Panya, Ian.

Panya, I don't own one as yet but subject to my current car selling I should be on the market for one.

So I could get away with two keys, the master and 2 button key?

Reason I've asked this question is some of the cars I've seen advertised mention only two keys so I wanted to know exactly what it should come with and what the bare minimum would be as I appreciate I'll be looking at 8 year old plus cars and certain things such as all the keys, won't always be in place.

2 keys would be fine as long one them is master key , could be worst my only come with master :(

Thanks Panya, that was my thinking.......at least I know what to look for now ;)

Mine came with two keys - both two buttons only both same colour.

Which one is master key ?

To find out, insert key in ignition and if security light goes out immediately its a master key, if there's a delay it's a sub key.

Hope this helps you out.

• Like 1

Out of interest, if there is no master key present what is the procedure in getting a new one and possible costs as I'm thinking this is a main dealer job?

If there's no master key you cannot get one from lexus, they will only change ecu (over £1000).

Second option is get an ecu and locks from a scrapped is200 which has master key

third option so I've heard is find a auto security firm who can clone keys.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks Ian, that's really helpful. Looking at Is300/Sportcross adverts most only seem to have at best two keys, certainly none have three so I thought I'd ask worst case scenario question.

Two keys is still ok as long as one is a master key. You can also check the keys by locking glove box as I've read somewhere that sub keys wont lock/unlock glovebox.

Mine only came with one master key, bought 2 transponders and blades, a 2 and another 3 button and had the blades cut for a few quid, re-programmed my transponders myself, I now have 3 keys

Had to do that with my first Lex too as that just had the one master key with it

Glove box should open on all correct keys, one of mine doesn't but that's simply down to being very slightly incorrect at the tip of the blade, but if I wiggle it it works, same with the boot

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links