Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Sportcross Viewed Today, Interior Query

I viewed an Blue 01 Sportcross today, not the car for me but was quite shocked at the cream interior, it was obviously dirty but it looked a really grubby brownish cream which to my eyes wouldn't brighten up even after a serious clean........do they all go like this or was this just a one off?

Ive seen many ppl comment on dirty cream interior on IS. As much as i prefer the look makes me think twice about swapping my black for cream

It's exactly why I chose a black interior. Cream is nice to look at, but it'd be a bitch to live with, and unless it's been owned by a clean freak prior, it's not gonna look "as new". My black interior on the other hand, looks like it's barely been sat in!

Thanks guys, I'm leaning toward a black interior at present but should I see a car with a really nice cream one I could be tempted. I think I wrongly assumed that the cream IS300 interior would be similar in finish to my old LS400, obviously they are entirely different but that's fine, looking into these things is all part of the fun of buying a new car.

when i was looking for an IS300 i wanted one with body kit, satnav and cream leather but was difficult finding one with all three. either one has the nav and cream leather but not the body kit or vice versa until i decided to go for one with bodykit and live with not having the nav and cream leather. so if you have found one which ticks all your boxes, dont hold back just go for it as there is nothing which a professional valeter cant do with regards to restoring the leather and body work. most professional valeters will come to your home on a nice sunny day and for around £80 will scrub, wash, machine polish and restore your car , leather seats and wheels. infact am looking to have this done to mine this summer.

I actually made a check list lol. I got everything I wanted except cream interior so I think I did pretty well. Plus easy to switch seats over, not so to fit navi...

Edit: also wanted Blue or white in colour :(

Platinum ice was my 3rd favorite though, i love the champagne ting to it

when i was looking for an IS300 i wanted one with body kit, satnav and cream leather but was difficult finding one with all three. either one has the nav and cream leather but not the body kit or vice versa until i decided to go for one with bodykit and live with not having the nav and cream leather. so if you have found one which ticks all your boxes, dont hold back just go for it as there is nothing which a professional valeter cant do with regards to restoring the leather and body work. most professional valeters will come to your home on a nice sunny day and for around £80 will scrub, wash, machine polish and restore your car , leather seats and wheels. infact am looking to have this done to mine this summer.

I appreciate I will no doubt have to compromise on something so I will probably just judge each car on merit.

Cleaning doesn't bother me, in fact I enjoy getting to grips with a new car but my concern was the cream interior I looked at just seemed a non cleanable grubby browny cream and wanted to check with owners this wasn't the norm. Must admit though as my back isn't too clever these days I'd be tempted to get someone in to clean the carpets :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links